cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the recession greatly reduced your sales?

Last few weeks it's like I've been ghosted!  Hardly generating any sales...or questions...or offers.  Is it just me, or has this recession really affected sales for everyone???

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Has the recession greatly reduced your sales?

@paraquip wrote:

It's the website.....not the economy.   New code has been pushed onto the ebay site and really jacked up sales.

False. No sure why the OP would ever mark such an inaccurate statement but oh well. It is definitely the economy and definitely not some secret code. 

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

yes

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

100% false. If buyers want your stuff they will come here and buy it. Period. So you really didn't want answers you wanted to try confirming a silly conspiracy. 

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

@3dgt wrote:

Last few weeks it's like I've been ghosted!  Hardly generating any sales...or questions...or offers.  Is it just me, or has this recession really affected sales for everyone???

LOL  try searching the community forums.... someone is ALWAYS saying something about a lack of sales... ESPECIALLY going back MUCH farther than the past few weeks.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 19 of 26
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

100% false. If buyers want your stuff they will come here and buy it. Period. So you really didn't want answers you wanted to try confirming a silly conspiracy. 

If they can find it. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 20 of 26
latest reply

Thanks to all who weighed in.  Ending this query.

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

What recession?

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

my sales are the same as ever. I expect to sell 1600 listings in the next 12 months

my customers look to me to see what I am giving away since they are the ones who set the price on 99 cent auctions.

I strive to list 50 fresh auctions per week  but in reality I am probably only listing 2000 items per year.

my customers look for me. not my auctions. when I auction  20 pieces at 99 cents then I get a normal 5 repeat buyers for a total of 8 pieces.

I am hanging in there and feel very fortunate for my repeat buyers.

@3dgt 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 23 of 26
latest reply

People are buying their "needs" , not their "wants".  Things that people use everyday in their jobs or homes will have a good probability of selling.  Things that they look at on the shelf, probably won't.  I sell a lot of tools and very few "collectibles".   Plus the fact that there are just too few dollars chasing too many goods, I can't reduce prices low enough to make a sale on things that used to sell quickly. 

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

It goes way beyond the depression we are in.  Ebay has turned into etsyzon.  Copying the business models of criminal website that either rely on counterfeit goods or agents of a communist regime to sell below cost is never a good idea.  They don't hide it.  Most people don't even try to understand what is going on.  Most of what ebay is pushing right now is cherry picked.  It's 6+ hours into the left coast time and I have 0 views and 0 impressions despite the fact I am promoting above suggested.  This is criminal on their part.  

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Appreciate your insights.  Thanks!

Message 26 of 26
latest reply