cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else had a slowdown in people purchasing items? Is it because of tax time?

Just curious.  It been like 2 weeks since I’ve had anyone purchase anything

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Has anyone else had a slowdown in people purchasing items? Is it because of tax time?

I haven’t sold in a long time here. My spouse had put a few things up on here and no lie some took a year or more to sell. Still has a few things up here. Must be going on two years now. Anyhow I decided to start selling again on here. And boy did I notice a difference. I have been on EBay since 1999 so I am kinda surprised. Some of my listings no one looks at them. So I’m really surprised as they are name brand items and I don’t think I am way out of price range. Seems like nothing is moving. I must have just came into it again at a bad time. I don’t know. Economy? Inflation? I know it’s killing everyone with prices just at the grocery stores. So.

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Re: Has anyone else had a slowdown in people purchasing items? Is it because of tax time?

@timerovertreasures 

Your post starts about one problem and ends talking about a totally different one.  Are you having both issues or was it a typo?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 17 of 21
latest reply

What a nice buyer!

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

@annabelles-attic wrote:

I haven’t sold in a long time here. My spouse had put a few things up on here and no lie some took a year or more to sell. Still has a few things up here. Must be going on two years now. Anyhow I decided to start selling again on here. And boy did I notice a difference. I have been on EBay since 1999 so I am kinda surprised. Some of my listings no one looks at them. So I’m really surprised as they are name brand items and I don’t think I am way out of price range. Seems like nothing is moving. I must have just came into it again at a bad time. I don’t know. Economy? Inflation? I know it’s killing everyone with prices just at the grocery stores. So.

@annabelles-attic 

Not everything has a market / interested buyers.  But you have some really cute stuff.  

I would suggest using the ISBs [item specific boxes] more.  The search engine on Ebay also searches those boxes, so it can help how many people actually see your items.

I would also suggest that you spend a little more time with your Descriptions and add more information.  For example on that tote bag listing.  No where do you state the size of the tote and that is an important piece of info for buyers.  Also other listings it may be helpful to include measurements.

I would suggest not putting your handling time in  your description area, because if you have a need to change it for any reason, you have to update all your listings one by one.  There is a specific field for handling time on the shipping page, so buyers will see it.

This is a statement you should take out of the description of listings that you have inserted it "I am sorry I do not do returns and I do not do discounts after one receives their item."  Again, a return policy has it's own field on the shipping page.  Besides make sure you understand what a No Return Policy actually means.  It does mean you can refuse to take a return on something that a buyer files a claim for, but if it is a Not as Described or damaged item, you can not refuse to refund them.  If you do, the buyer can ask Ebay to step in and they will force the refund.

The only type of Return Request you can actually deny if you want to is a properly filed Buyer's Remorse Claim.

I wish you the best of luck in your sales.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 19 of 21
latest reply

How do your sales in March/April 2024 compare with 2023? 2022? 2019? (We skip the pandemic buying surge of 2020 and 2021 as outliers.)

There are ebbs and flows in retail that can be seen on an annual basis that cannot be determined on a weekly basis.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

My sales have steadily declined to the point I have considered closing my store. With all the discounts I must give to make a sale and all the fees I am not making enough anymore to keep the business going. We have been on ebay over 20 years but the throttling of sales by AI and the constant problem buyers that ebay will do nothing about makes it virtually impossible to have a profit making business. There are also the many glitches I notice in ebay software that they never fix.

Sales in the past couple days have been terrible and it is like we are not even being seen anymore. Rant over.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply