cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half My Items Aren't Auto Relisting

I have auto relist checked on all my auctions, to relist 8 times if they don't sell.  A few days ago, when a lot of my 7 day auctions were ending, about half of them didn't relist.  Some of them did, like normal, but for some reason a lot of them didn't.  And these weren't ones whose 8 weeks had run out.  They had a lot of relists still left.  There was nothing above them in the Unsold Items saying that anything had run out on the listing, just blank.  And this has happened every day since.  Is this happening to anyone else?  Is there a glitch I don't know about?  I have a lot of auctions ending at the same time, some within minutes or seconds of each other, if that might cause or prevent some of them from relisting like they should, but I doubt it.  It's never happened like this in the past.  It's causing me to waste a lot of my free listings on them.  Normally, my free listings last all month.  Now I've gone through almost all of them in days.  Can anyone help explain what's going on and how I can possibly fix it?  Thanks in advance!  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Those auto relist for auctions don't last forever.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Since the auto-relist on auctions is only for new and occasional sellers is it possible you crossed that barrier?

I don't know what the threshold for that is.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/relisting-items?id=4147

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I see a some of you itmes ended after being listed four times.  I have been having similiar issues for years.  I am not sure if I am classified as a new or an occasional seller but some times the eight relist offer is available and sometimes it is not.

It seems as though there is a switch and eBay turns it on and off as they desire.  Sometimes I get one listing and then the eight relistings for a total of nine listings.  Sometimes I get less that the eight relistings and sometimes no re-listings at all. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

In an update, everything is back to normal this week, and my items are all relisting like they normally do.  The only thing I can think of that happened was that a couple weeks ago I was listing a lot of things in a short period of time, so maybe I triggered some sort of algorithm.  It's still kind of a mystery to me. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

If you're having to relist that many times, wouldn't it be better to list as a fixed price 1 time.

Looking at your sold items, most only get 1 bid.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I've been having the same issue. Some of my items will only relist automatically 3 times and after the third relist, the Auto Relist feature shows unchecked when I click on edit for that item. I can recheck and re-enable the Auto Relist for the item, save my edit and the item will now continue to relist for the remaining 5 relists automatically. This does not happen on all of my items just some. Haven't been able to figure out why. So now what I do is, in the Seller Hub, I select all the items that are ending today, click on Edit Selected and in the Revise Listings window I check the box to select all the items and click on Bulk Edit and then on Auto Relist and select Allow Auto-Relist and click Apply and then the Submit button. This now turns Auto Relist on or back on for all the items. It works whether your item ends in 5 minutes or over 12 hours. You just need to do it before the auction ends for the item(s).

I've listed my own post in regards to this problem looking for an answer as to why it's happening, but have not received any replies yet.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply