cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - Seller want to cancel an order after item has shipped. What should I do?

Hoping to get some advice regarding a situation.  I sold an item last evening and shipped it immediately as I was just heading to FedEx right as the order rolled in.  After shipping the item the seller put a request in to cancel the order under reason  "ordered by mistake".  eBay automatically declined the cancellation as it shipped.  The seller has asked me to put a request in to Fedex to stop the shipment and cancel the order with eBay.  Last night he was messaging over and over about it to the point of being quite rude.  I told him I needed to call eBay before doing it which made him more upset.  The order was for $999 and is an International purchase through eBay global program.  I don't offer returns as I sell a lot of pricier things and this tends to get abused by buyers.  Am I required to do anything?  If seller is upset and files a chargeback can I be liable since it went through eBay global?  At the beginning I was trying to help the buyer but they have become so rude and forceful that I am running out of patience 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

@luckyloupe 

Can you get with Fedex and intercept that parcel?  We have.  Once you have it routed back to you, refund/cancel the order, using Buyer requested.

You will unfortunately be out the shipping costs incurred.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Better to be out shipping cost than the whole item. 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

BUYER requested to cancel? 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

If it's on the way to KY you can have the package returned to you for a fee. On usps it's called package intercept and FedEx offers something similar. Do it asap.

You "think" you're covered when tracking shows delivered to GSP but you are not. Nothing will protect you from a chargeback and when they do that they keep the item and then you'll have no item and no money and a $20 fee to pay. 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

question....

"...The order was for $999 and is an International purchase through eBay global program...."

How did you ship FedX in the GSP?

Even so, you should be able to intercept shipped package

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I spoke with an eBay representative who informed that since I purchased the Fedex 2 day label in eBay I cannot reroute at this point.  He also mentioned there is no system in place for cancelling with the global program.  There's a chance of being put in contact with the center but he said if I did cancel I'd be facing fees that are not refundable.  He basically said I did everything correct as a seller and he recommended I don't attempt to cancel it.  Tough one 😕

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@luckyloupe 

Don't take an eBay employee's advice as to what FedEx can do as truth. Intercept the package, cancel on return.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

What @mtgraves7984 says is true, eBay's customer service reps have been known to be least reliable source for all things eBay. You have a 1K item that buyer doesn't want, I will be doing all of my best to get this item re-routed to me. Call the FedEx 800 for a package intercept, create your own FedEx account (it's free) and try your best to intercept from there, maybe calling the GSP center as well and seeing if there is something they can do. 

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

let the buyer know that you attempted to have the package returned back but was unsuccessful in  doing so.  Tell the buyer to return the package after he gets it and you will refund him the price of the item less the shipping charge.  As soon as you receive the package back send him the refund.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@luckyloupe wrote:

I spoke with an eBay representative who informed that since I purchased the Fedex 2 day label in eBay I cannot reroute at this point.  He also mentioned there is no system in place for cancelling with the global program.  There's a chance of being put in contact with the center but he said if I did cancel I'd be facing fees that are not refundable.  He basically said I did everything correct as a seller and he recommended I don't attempt to cancel it.  Tough one 😕

Not sure not being able to intercept is true.  We have our own fedex acct and I can intercept at anytime before delivery.

Wondering also on the fedex part to GSP.  New info to me.

Good luck with this.  Keep us posted.  What a cluster of events.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

When posting here, please get "buyer" and "seller" straight. It avoids a lot of confusion, although those of us who have been around a while eventually knew what you were trying to say.

Proofreading and then correcting what you write before  you hit the "post" button makes your original point come across much better, and encourages better responses from us fellow buyers/sellers.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

You can ship USPS, Fedex or UPS to KY for GSP.  They take it from there.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

@luckyloupe wrote:

Not sure not being able to intercept is true.  We have our own fedex acct and I can intercept at anytime before delivery.

Wondering also on the fedex part to GSP.  New info to me.

Good luck with this.  Keep us posted.  What a cluster of events.

When you ship FedEx via eBay you are usually using eBay's account (it's possible to link your own account but most sellers are not doing that). Since it's on eBay's account you cannot do any type of redirect/intercept, that is something only the account holder can do.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

First, you need to reach out to FedEx to see if they can intercept the parcel & send it back to you. Only once you have the item back in your possession should you cancel the order. If the parcel has already cleared Customs & is in route overseas, then the buyer is out of luuck & will have to try to open up a return & pay for the shipping back to you.

Hang in there!

Message 15 of 16
latest reply