cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAD THE 'OL "DIDN'T RECEIVE MY ITEM" TRICK BUYER TRIED TO PLAY...USPS CONFIRMED IT WAS DELIVERED.

You got to watch these buyers, folks out there, even the good ones try to grab free goods.  Had this highly regarded buyer, plenty of feedback, try the ol I didn't receive my item trick even though I had a confirmation number.  That takes some big ones.  Ebay found in my favor, thankfully, this time they didn't bend over for the customer because they don't want to make 'em mad.  This guy's angle was that he'll try here and there and eventually he'll get one through that the seller isn't paying attention or didn't type the confirm numbers in.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

HAD THE 'OL "DIDN'T RECEIVE MY ITEM" TRICK BUYER TRIED TO PLAY...USPS CONFIRMED IT WAS DELIVERED.

You seem to be jumping the gun here way too soon. 

The item could have very well been mis-delivered. It would be up to the buyer to go to the carrier and get an exact GPS of where it was delivered; that buyer can then use that info to 'appeal' the ebay decision, which is automated when tracking simply shows 'delivered'. Tracking shows the zip code and sometimes it isn't even delivered to that zip code, or sometimes 2 houses away, 3 streets or 5 miles.

2nd- the item could have been stolen from the buyers porch.

Did you offer the 1st one as a suggestion to the buyer?

Did you ask the buyer if they have/had a 'secure' location for their deliveries? 

Lastly, if they truly did not receive and want to pursue it, they can simply open a chargeback with their credit card company and you will then be 're-charged' that amount. The buyer may need some amo; which again, they can get from the carrier. 

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

@insuredartequities wrote:

You got to watch these buyers, folks out there, even the good ones try to grab free goods.  Had this highly regarded buyer, plenty of feedback, try the ol I didn't receive my item trick even though I had a confirmation number.  That takes some big ones.  Ebay found in my favor, thankfully, this time they didn't bend over for the customer because they don't want to make 'em mad.  This guy's angle was that he'll try here and there and eventually he'll get one through that the seller isn't paying attention or didn't type the confirm numbers in.

So your buyer filed an item not received formal claim?  If your tracking was entered prior to the claim filing AND shows delivery thru online tracking, e-Bay will absolutely find in your favor for these INR claims.  Do not be surprised that e-Bay issues a Courtesy Refund to your Buyer as well - especially, if the Buyer has no history of filing these types of claims.  

Glad that you prevailed (as you should).  Will say that USPS has told us before they delivered a parcel, only to find it was delivered 2 houses down and not to the correct house.  It happens and a lot of temp labor right now for USPS.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

@insuredartequities wrote:

Had this highly regarded buyer, plenty of feedback . . .

Not sure what your criteria are that make a buyer "highly regarded." Buyers can received only positive feedback, so unless the member sells on the same account, feedback will be at 100%.

Add to that the fact that many sellers leave standard ("canned") feedback immediately after an item is purchased or right after it's shipped or at any other point short of delivery.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Misdeliveries are rampant, so I wouldn't assume they got it.  Yes, I know you automatically win these cases, but often the buyer really didn't receive the item.  Usually it turns up within a few days, but not always. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

First off you do not know if the buyer is lying. Maybe a porch pirate? With that said, that is the one protection Ebay allows sellers so it should be no surprise and thus the reason for tracking. Did you provide the tracking number immediately when shipped or try tricking a buyer and waiting for them to make a claim?

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

You ship to the address the buyer puts into eBay. It is the buyer's responsibility for their own security not anyone else's. 

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Your highly regarded buyer may be telling the truth. There’s no way to know for certain that the buyer is lying, and wondering why you believe they are?

It doesn’t have to be us against them. So when a buyer reports the item is not received (yet tracking shows delivered), i reach out to offer possible solutions. Among other things, I recommend calling the carrier, which i will do as well.

No, not saying one should be a pushover. If tracking shows delivery, the seller is off the hook for a refund or replacement. But i also don’t abandon the buyer to his frustration. The buyer gets the benefit of the doubt, because in my years of selling here, have never had a fraudulent buyer. It is part of my job to foster buyer satisfaction when i can.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

You need to work with the buyer if you think they are highly regarded, you'll win the case but doesn't mean your buyer is a scammer. I tell my customers in cases like this that I can't do anything with the post office, can't even file a claim because it shows "delivered" but they can, they can call their local post office as mis deliveries do happen and they will try to recover the item.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Had a customer from another site claim no delivery but got back to me later in the week the postal worker left the item in their open garage and it went unnoticed for several days. Things are not always as they appear to be. 

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

For me as a buyer, if item shows delivered to my zip code, I would never contact the seller because it's useless from my experience, educate your buyer to the correct way to go about it.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Will say that USPS has told us before they delivered a parcel, only to find it was delivered 2 houses down and not to the correct house.  It happens and a lot of temp labor right now for USPS.  "

Not just USPS...FedEx just today tried to give hubby a package meant for a restaurant about 18 miles away from us instead of our package.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@moondogblues wrote:

Will say that USPS has told us before they delivered a parcel, only to find it was delivered 2 houses down and not to the correct house.  It happens and a lot of temp labor right now for USPS.  "

Not just USPS...FedEx just today tried to give hubby a package meant for a restaurant about 18 miles away from us instead of our package.

Good thing people are honest!!  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Fed Ex has no clue where I live.  2 out of 3 packages sent to me last year were delivered next door.  Once they actually sent me a picture of "my garage" where they delivered it.  Talked to a regional rep.  Next shipment was delivered.  Driver doesn't care, he knows it's the wrong address.....

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

If I get one of these I always call Fed Ex, USPS ETC, and get the lowdown on the gps coordinates of the package delivery. Fed Ex we use exclusively now and their customer service is fantastic. You can get a hold of a live real person within a minute over the phone and they can tell you where the package was dropped.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply