cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good til Canceled

If GTC renews every 30 days and you first list an item on the first day of the month and there is 31 days in that month then you would be charged a listing fee on day 31 . . Correct? The same goes for February where it would carry over to March? It does not renew on the same day each month item is first listed?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Good til Canceled

Except for the months of Septober and Octember.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Good til Canceled

@2five00 Every 30 Days the item Relists automatically regardless of the calendar ... so yes, some months if you don't have any listings left you pay a fee to relist ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Good til Canceled

GTC is a continuous run of 30-day listings.  When one listing period ends, the expired item is immediately relisted to start another 30-day run.  I has nothing to do with the days in various months, as you can start a listing for its 30-day run on any day during a month, so it can proceed through the end of one month and on into the next one uninterrupted until it hits its end.  - -  So yes, it can end before a 31st day, and it can extend beyond a 28th day, in the various months that have these numbers...

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Good til Canceled

Yup, always list your GTCs after the 10th of the month. That will give you about 3 years before you hit the double month listing (I estimated on all those numbers).
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Good til Canceled

pantlandia wrote:
Yup, always list your GTCs after the 10th of the month. That will give you about 3 years before you hit the double month listing (I estimated on all those numbers).

lol, pant!!!  That about describes a lot of the GTC listings eBay has up these days, except now they'll only let them run for a year.  Then the seller has to tweak his listing again before sending it up for another year.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Good til Canceled

@mistwomandancing wrote:

@pantlandia wrote:

lol, pant!!!  That about describes a lot of the GTC listings eBay has up these days, except now they'll only let them run for a year.  Then the seller has to tweak his listing again before sending it up for another year.  Smiley Very Happy

Oh, I forgot about them pulling them after a year, so my numbers should be spot on!

I don't use GTC. I have a fairly strict discounting strategy that requires me to lower the price at the 6 month mark and then every 3 months after until it reaches a certain price point, then I discontinue it. So, GTC wouldn't work for me at all.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Good til Canceled

pantlandia wrote:

I don't use GTC. I have a fairly strict discounting strategy that requires me to lower the price at the 6 month mark and then every 3 months after until it reaches a certain price point, then I discontinue it. So, GTC wouldn't work for me at all.

Wow!  Sort of like a *real* store does.  Thumbs UP!

I noticed many years ago that there were always plenty of shoppers who walked past the racks of new things in order to make their way clear to the back of the shop to go through the CLEARANCE items first!  Helped get that stuff moved out.  And on the final-final-final markdown 80% off rack, most of that stuff ended up sold too, 'though with little more than the recovery of its initial investment.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 8
latest reply