Did you mean: 

Getting an offer IS shipping included?

For a  while it was and then it was not then it was, 

Does anyone know?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Getting an offer IS shipping included?

Here is how I deal with this situation when shipping is not free. For example, I receive an offer for $60 and the buyer wants that to include shipping. I will counter with an offer that specifically states $45 plus shipping since ebay wants offers to be the item price only. And I write that out in the text box that is provided to be clear.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

You'll need to ask the seller. Every sale is different.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Shipping has never been part of the offer process.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Based on the listings as originally posted, if the seller offers free shipping, then yes, it is included, otherwise, no, the offer is just for the item.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Offer is for the price of item: it does not include shipping, unless of course shipping is free.

Check the original listing for shipping cost.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

The policy has not changed, but sometimes eBay states it in a confusing way.  Offers are for the price.  If an offer is accepted, the shipping is the same as if the buyer had paid full price; shipping is not part of the negotiation.

If a buyer makes an offer and asks for free shipping in a listing that charges for shipping, the seller should make a counteroffer that deducts the shipping cost from the asking price.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Official policy page:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/buy-now/making-best-offer?id=4019

offer.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Here is how I deal with this situation when shipping is not free. For example, I receive an offer for $60 and the buyer wants that to include shipping. I will counter with an offer that specifically states $45 plus shipping since ebay wants offers to be the item price only. And I write that out in the text box that is provided to be clear.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Hi @vagree80 

Shipping is never included in a Best Offer.  Buyer and seller negotiate the item price only

Whatever shipping cost is shown in the listing will be added onto whatever offer (or counteroffer) is accepted automatically.  [Whatever might be said ... or agreed to ...  in the message box is ignored.]

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

The offer and whatever your shipping is (free or paid)  are totally separate things and can not be changed in an offer.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

OK I get it.  Except once I got an offer and shipping was not included.  That is what started confusing me. 

I will proceed in the future following the rules and having my usual fit if it is not included.

Thank you very much 

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Thank you - I worry about that message box. 🙂

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Thank you ! That works for me. Much appreciate your reply

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Perfect - Thank you!

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Got it now, 

Thank you - your answer is very clear. 

Much appreciate your reply.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply