cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTC: A month in.

It's been a month since the implementation of GTC.   I'll let the attached photos do the talking.  Love those red numbers 🙂  Thanks eBay.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Its really sickening...Theyre putting  themselves out of business right along with us, so don't feel too bad..

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

Hey run some promos at 76% ad rate that should helpgrinning

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

And as it's not quite a month yet, the mandatory GTC listings are yet to rollover so those figures prove what exactly?
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Until ebay starts listening to it`s seasoned sellers and is willing to spend some money on a major re-boot, I`m not expecting anything to improve here. They either just don`t get it or they just don`t care.

I suspect a large ebay competitor, within the next 1-2 years, starts a 2.0 site for used, one of a kind and vintage goods that offers everything ebay has taken away from their site in the last 8-10 years.

To elaborate: An old school site that sells ,mainly, old school goods without the one size fits all mentality. Where sellers can set their own terms and have some flexibility and individuality while enjoying tech that actually works. The site could be ebay 2.0 and could be the hottest site on the net but ebay won`t be doing this.

Ebays size is a big factor in the problem. It`s now a one size fits all mentality yet smaller sellers seem to be the only ones held to certain standards. You can`t have it both ways. The tech here is terrible. If I run a sale, my customers can`t request a total in their shopping cart because sale items are in their cart? Why is that? Why has it been going on for over 2 years without being fixed?

This is just one issue being faced here by sellers on a daily basis. It`s ridiculous to have to face these issues as a seller here....especially for 2 years and counting. JMO

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 5 of 29
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:
And as it's not quite a month yet, the mandatory GTC listings are yet to rollover so those figures prove what exactly?

Those figures show that his sales are down, views are down.  eBay traffic is just not there.

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

@aquajoe07011 wrote:

Those figures show that his sales are down, views are down.  eBay traffic is just not there.

Month to month figures mean little especially with what the OP is selling.  Jewelery/Watches are luxury goods and tend to follow trends seasonally.  Pretty much every jewelry seller is going through the slow time of their year.  Lets see numbers from last year compared to this year, and then we can start forming a pattern.  All the OPs post shows is that he's slowed down during the slower part of the year.

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

I will never understand the making excuses.

The fact remains: there is NOT a selling site or app out there that relists your items mandatorily, charges you a third of a dollar to do it and gives you no way to opt out or even notice that you are incurring these fees as they are happening.

it is extremely  1. shady and 2.  abusive

That said, tomorrow is D day, be prepared to begin managing your listings or face large invoices.

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

@siamdao   I am giving GTC 3 months before passing judgement ... I did find the info below and although I normally base stats on a complete month I will share this comparison:

Jan thru Mar = 54% Auction sales and 46% Fixed Price

2.5 weeks in April = 57% Auction and 43% Fixed Price - GTC

I also think a lot of what's coming out right now on sales being up or down is subjective and I think a lot depends on what one is selling. 

Screenshot (1522).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 9 of 29
latest reply

Doesn't your chart say the market is down OVER 10% in the last 31 days?  But I guess those are some unusual categories.  What is everyone else seeing for their markets in the past 31 days?

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

Your comments are right on.  It's become very difficult to sell on ebay.  It's also very difficult to buy on ebay.  Gigantic sellers with multiples of an item monopolize every search.  It used to be an enjoyable challenge to sell here, but now what works?  GTC isn't working.  Auctions are selling, but slowly.  When I want to buy something I have to be ready to spend 2 hours weeding through listings that don't match my search criteria.  I agree that some time in the near future some competitor will open a site where sellers with unique and one-of-a-kind items can show them, and buyers can find them.

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

@oceanviewengineer2015 wrote:

The fact remains: there is NOT a selling site or app out there that relists your items mandatorily, charges you a third of a dollar to do it and gives you no way to opt out or even notice that you are incurring these fees as they are happening.

it is extremely 1. shady and 2. abusive

LOL.

The fact remains:  despite all the above, millions of sellers are still selling here because there is not a selling site or app out there that is better than eBay for many of us.

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

It sounds like a good excuse for selling things very few people want, over-priced, or just too many available for buyers to choose from..

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

Well I've been doing gtc for a few months.  Sales are up from last year at this time and up from last month 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 14 of 29
latest reply

@oceanviewengineer2015 wrote:

it is extremely  1. shady and 2.  abusive

That said, tomorrow is D day, be prepared to begin managing your listings or face large invoices.

Since March had 31 days wouldn´t today be the day that your listings that began March 18 start rolling over automatically?  This morning I went through and cancelled my listings that were made GTC on March 18 and showed they were ending to day.

Message 15 of 29
latest reply