cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GREAT NEWS!!!....the average delivery in the U.S. is TWO DAYS!!!

Message 1 of 79
latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

If that is so, why am I going on day 9 with a USPS priority mail package I sent?  LOL!

Message 2 of 79
latest reply

You must be in Houston...got 2 going on Day 10...bye bye TRS
Message 3 of 79
latest reply

I just sent a flat-rate envelope via Priority Mail. The postal clerk said that it would be delivered in two days; it arrived in five days. My buyer was incensed.
Message 4 of 79
latest reply

@nawlinsron2 wrote:

https://www.ebayinc.com/stories/news/ebay-at-davos-2018/

1st clip....at about 2:15

Great... More field guidance.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 5 of 79
latest reply

Showing people ETAs that are unrealistic causes disgruntled buyers.

Sooy this happened to you.  USPS raising unrealistic expectations just doesn't help.  It might give that feel good sensation when buying, but the fall out post delivery when it is apparent the two day thing did not pan out, is not good.

You might remember when they used to say receive your item in 6 to 10 weeks, which went to 2 to 4 weeks, which went to 10-14 days.  Everything processes faster these days, but the same principle applies~underpromise and overdeliver.  Then the buyer is thrilled with receiving their item so quickly, as opposed to being incensed because it took longer.  So they gave a time span that allowed for delays,  and for the buyer to receive the item quicker without the necessity of calling CS to find out where it was.

Message 6 of 79
latest reply

Nawlins!

Well, they did say average~~apparently there are some packages that get there at the speed of light~~Scotty must be beaming a lot of packages these days!  LOLSmiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 79
latest reply

Do you believe everything the post office says. Don't on it as you would begin to get shipping defects.
Message 8 of 79
latest reply

It's actually fairly common for me to have both FCM and PM  delivered in two days, from me in MS to the west coast - CA and WA. (sorry, OR, I haven't had a sale there in forever lol)   Here's an example: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tLabels=9400111899560448173271  Mailed the 17th, delivered on the 19th. 

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tLabels=9400111899560448119941  another mailed on the 17th and delivered on the 19th

Headed east, though, is a whole 'nother story. Five to eight day delivery is very common, especially to OH and NY. I literally cringe when I see an east coast address, because I know it's going to take a while.  Luckily for me, the majority of my sales go west.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 9 of 79
latest reply

Yeah one of the announcers mentioned Amazon speed of delivery and

Wenig didn't even flinch or stutter when he said,

"In the US a package is delivered average in 2 days, for ebay"

He did much better than Trump , no sniffling or "believe me's"

In the 3rd clip Wenig mentions fake news, lol

So when He says average, you take all the mail sellers send  via  Ups FedEX and Usps and other services and compute the average.

I use USPS and those deliveries are Express, first class, Priority, Parcel Select, Media Mail etc.

There is no way that all packages are delivered in an average of 2 days.

If he used the word Mode instead of Average he probably would be correct but he didn't so its Fake News. Wenig may have a bright future in politics.  

If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful. If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click "Accept as Solution."

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 10 of 79
latest reply

Ditto, 9 days PRIORITY mail from RI to Texas. mailed on the 17th still in transit as of 1/25.

Message 11 of 79
latest reply

My best was a UPS ground package going from Illinois to Iowa, about 300 or so miles from the seller. Ordered at 3PM and the next morning about 17 hours after I ordered, I just happened to check on ebay to see if they had shipped it and saw it said delivered. I thought they screwed up, but looked out on the porch and it was sitting there!! Usually from the same place it has to go to Lenexa, KS first and then back up to Iowa and takes about 3 days. Don't know what was up on that one, lol.

Seems like Texas, Florida and Utah for USPS Priority or FC usually takes about 3-5 days to get here, I'm guessing those are going ground. NE or West coast usually 2-3 days, I'm sure those are going by plane

Message 12 of 79
latest reply

@nawlinsron2 wrote:

https://www.ebayinc.com/stories/news/ebay-at-davos-2018/

1st clip....at about 2:15

"In the U.S. a package is delivered average, in two (2) days for eBay."

You should hear some of DW's exciting fishing stories.

Devin's Fish Story 2.jpg

Message 13 of 79
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

NONE of My Packages Leaving Houston has made it in 2 days.. Thats Crazy. All my Packages coming and going started Dec 1 have been late.. NOT 1 on time,, JUst sits up in North Houston for days , First Class , Priority mail, Etc

Message 14 of 79
latest reply

"Man-e-quinn, Mr. Harper...mannequin."

In other words....statistics should be a required course in high school.
Message 15 of 79
latest reply