cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GET ANYTHING YOU WANT FREE ON EBAY!! TRULY FREE - TO THE BUYER... SELLER? WHO CARES?

0 feedback buyer scam won the case, keep the "not as describe item" and got refund, then i decided to search some help here! I saw a lot of  "GET ANYTHING YOU WANT FREE ON EBAY!!TO THE BUYER...

SELLER? WHO CARES?" posts! good job ebay!!!! 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: GET ANYTHING YOU WANT FREE ON EBAY!! TRULY FREE - TO THE BUYER... SELLER? WHO CARES?

You really have to know how to protect yourself from scam buyers. And do not sell anything you cannot affoprd to lose.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: GET ANYTHING YOU WANT FREE ON EBAY!! TRULY FREE - TO THE BUYER... SELLER? WHO CARES?

The vast majority of buyers are honest. You don't often read about them here because there's no problem with them.

When you're hit with an INAD complaint, tell the buyer to return for a full refund. Yes, you'll have to provide return shipping. But that way the buyer doesn't get both the item and the refudn.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

just had my first scam. item not received. everything about the buyer screamed LIAR and CHEAT. Yet ebay found it in favour of buyer and gave a full refund. Money does not belong to ebay but WHO CARES..

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Did you have tracking on the package that showed it as being delivered?

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@takikawa4

Possibly not.

This UK seller may have been too busy leaving false positives only to have it backfire when the latest comment was removed. 

Sympathy level zero. 

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

How can you lose an item not received case if you have a tracking number showing it was delivered?

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

You really have to know how to protect yourself from scam buyers. And do not sell anything you cannot affoprd to lose.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

hi-stepper70

If the seller won, it's because you did not provide tracking. Always provide tracking. You cannot lose an INR if you have tracking showing delivered.
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I meant buyer.
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@plumbingspecials wrote:
hi-stepper70

If the seller won, it's because you did not provide tracking. Always provide tracking. You cannot lose an INR if you have tracking showing delivered.

Well, you can, but that would involve ignoring the case long enough for the buyer to be able to escalate it.  But that would be the seller's fault for not bothering to care about the case.

And as for the general topic here, there are a lot of things a buyer can do to mess with you.  But due to the fact most people have a conscience, it always boils down to just because they can does not mean they will.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Thank u

This 0 feedback buyer knows how to milk the system and get free items.  He/She never replied in INAD case but sent me msgs, I uploaded all the screenshots to ebay but useless. Frightened seller.....

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@fish_tree wrote:

Thank u

This 0 feedback buyer knows how to milk the system and get free items.  He/She never replied in INAD case but sent me msgs, I uploaded all the screenshots to ebay but useless. Frightened seller.....

The only reply for an INAD is "return for Refund"

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

You know, I used to get **bleep** off at buyers who pull this "stuff". Now I've learned to lay ALL the blame on eBay. eBay has turned their site into a charity site for dishonest people and word has really gotten around to those who are looking for free stuff. 

I've said it before...do NOT list high value items and be prepared to take it in the shorts from eBay if something does come up. Every last bit of your perfect 5.0 star ratings mean dick when 1 person decides they want your stuff for free.

Get used to it if you continue to "sell" (give away) items on eBay.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@fish_tree wrote:

Thank u

Did you not tell them to return for refund?

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

If the buyers are keeping the items, it seems like you aren't responding to the cases. I have heard of courtesy refunds where the buyer does keep the item, but the refund does not come out of your pocket.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply