cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight Forward Here I Go Again

Hello,

I have an International question from a International buyer asking what he should pay for several items.

I didn't get a chance to respond to his email yet.

So he purchased the items without some discount like he wanted.

I say Ok...maybe I will do some discount on shipping to Armenia(of all places).

Then I see the payment...no shipping charge.

But the address: New Castle, Delaware....freight forward for a letter.

Last time my envelope went freight forward it sat there until other packages arrived before sending....and buyer complained...INR. Expected delivery : October 18, 2023...guess I will be hearing from this buyer on the 18th.

Yes, I have to do tracking (as I put the foot in my mouth)...when I don't want to do tracking. Talk about a bad day yet to come. I was just going to block humbug it got to be too late.

Will I get a demerit if I cancel the sale due to the address? And does he complain about not getting a discount deal from me on the 18th of October?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

If he bought several items from you, was he asking if he would get a discount for combined shipping?

My understanding (and I could be wrong) that it is not possible to do that when using a freight forwarder.

Why is it that you don't want to do tracking? 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

PS:  How much money do you make on an item that sells for $1.98 with free shipping? 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I think he was going to do freight forward anyway which is I do free domestic shipping(Delaware) but I charge for International shipping. The discount he wanted is what he should pay for the items. I should have blocked him. I also get charged for the International(Armenia) and domestic fees. I only do tracking for items over $30+ dollars...or depending on a buyer's feedback or maybe repeat buyers who don't need tracking.

And it's going to be a standard envelope but a little larger maybe. This wouldn't even be acceptable for eBay standard envelope size...It won't be much of a sale of profits...LOL

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

So, I buy my USA postage stamps in bulk on eBay from only USA sellers.

I think I paid like $200. for $500. face value stamps last week.

I only do free domestic shipping.

It works out great with my repeat buyers and with multiple items sold to one buyer. Now the secret's out.

And the packing is so easy...drop off at USPS.

Doing $1000. a month clear I think is good. I usually don't need boxes or heavy tape. Just standard size envelopes on sale and tape on sale.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Will I get a demerit if I cancel the sale due to the address?

@12345jamesstamps 

I don't think that will garner a demerit, but is it true? I've never had any problems with USPS to Freight Forwarders.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

My standard size letter by the USPS sat in a freight forward for weeks before going forward due to its size....compared to a package. Either the buyer or the freight forward place waits until enough is there to send forward. A letter will sit there. I will expect a INR from this buyer like the one before I had.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Doesn't seem like there is any issue with the address so you are violating eBay policy by abusing the cancellation system.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I have never cancelled a sale. It was just a question.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Cancelling a sale due to "Problem with buyer's address" will not earn a demerit, with one major caveat: if the buyer complains to eBay, you may get in even bigger trouble if their address was indeed just fine (and eBay does not have any allowances to cancel for being shipped to a freight forwarder, those are legitimate addresses).  So my advice would be not to do that.  I'd suggest just shipping as normal.  As long as it shows delivered to the address you were given, you don't have to refund on an INR.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply