cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free listing ended a day early

I activated ebays free listing promo for Nov 9th thru Nov 12th.  I listed yesterday, no problem.  Today the promotion is GONE....a day early. Anyone else have this issue?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Mine was through 11/11/19.  So I'm not sure about yours. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I have the same promo as the op from Nov. 7 thru Nov. 12. 

Unfortunately they sent it to my posting id so I didn't use it so I am no help except to verify they did have a promo listed thru the 12th.  Now they could have sent it to an id that sold but nope none of them got a listing promo offer, go figure.   

oh well maybe next time they do this I will stop posting here and return the id to an active account seeing I don't post much anymore anyways.   🙂

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

How weird. My daughter got the 500 promo but hers ended midnight last night and it said on the promo ends 11/11.

eta: I haven't had a promo on this ID for years now.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

The people that have the one ending on 11/11, when did your promotion started?  Ours started on the 7th thru the 12th, did yours by chance start on the 6th? 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Nope. Hers started on the 7th
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

At least you got the promotion. I have been waiting all month for a promotion of free listings and got nothing. I only found out about it here on community. is eBay only sending promotions only to people who pay the listing fees now?
Small businesses will end without the boost of occasional freebies even for a day. I have 2 choices pay the listing fees and watch as they go to unsold in 7 days (miss the fixed listings without rollover and 30 days)or hold back and not list until the new month begins.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Same here, ended a day early and not even listed in expired promotions.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I received the same offer and mine ended a day early! Unfortunately I did not know this until I relisted a bunch and it took my 50 free ones for the month and charged me a fee for the others! So I called ebay and they said that it ended last night and even when I told her about my email (which she was looking at) they still did nothing for me but open a ticket! She also told me that when you get a promotion it always takes your free ones first, then the promotion kicks in! This has never happened before and she said it was a new policy!  Another reason I am done with ebay! Now I am out of free listings for the month and I was going to list alot today but not anymore! Sending my clothing to thredup 🙂

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

CSR was lying (there's a shock). The ONLY time a promo takes your freebies first if it's one of those penny or nickel to list AFTER you use up your monthly allotment promos.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Received the same offer as you. Went to list a bunch this am and offer expired last night. Leave it to Ebay to change their mind. Not happy seeing as how i worked for days to get new stuff ready to list and no go.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Moral of the story - never leave using a promo to the last minute?

I do agree they SHOULD honor the dates in the promo emails though - even if it WAS an error.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Wife got 7th-11th promo

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Mine was 6th to 11th and I used half. So next month 5th to 10th I will end what didn't sell.
Message 14 of 14
latest reply