cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Returns - You're already doing it if.....

If you offer "free" shipping, you are (and have been) already offering free returns.  I see loads of "free shipping" ads on eBay, that automatically makes returns "free" too.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I've always had a return policy where the buyer pays the return shipping.  On my free shipping items, it is true I lose the initial shipping on a return, but I don't also have to pay the return shipping so they are not free returns.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You paid the shipping cost out of what the buyer paid for the item.  Therefore, you pay the return shipping cost when you make the refund.  Simple.  There is no such thing as "free" shipping and there is no such thing as "no" returns on eBay.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Either your post is so inane that it truly doesn't actually deserve a response, or it is a brilliant sarcastic commentary--I honestly can't tell if you are serious...but here you go anyway....

I can see by your use of quotation marks wherever the word "free" is used--that you can't help but let your skepticism show--because you know, inherently, that there is no such thing as a "free" return. Somebody is going to pay, right? It might as well be those silly eBay sellers who don't even realize that they are stupidly already offering "free" returns when they do as eBay asks and give "free" shipping to begin with.....silly geese.  Don't they know how to get a "free" return yet? Just brilliant sarcasm--so hilariously glib--and effortless, really.

In the off-chance that you were serious, and you were trying to show that eBay sellers might possibly be ignorant, or pretty much stupid, not to recognize the obviousness of how they are being cheated on a daily basis--and in the supreme off-chance that you might find this fact humorous--I say to you:

Why don't you take your special snowflake millenial self on over to Zappo's or some other freebie site that will allow you to force free returns all day long? You can always pay 50 bucks for a T-shirt from Amazon and take part in their free returns on clothing program too--don't those sound like some fun shopping avenues for you waltz on down? 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply