cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent Buyer

I have 100% positive feedback, buying and selling.  

I just discovered that someone I sold a barely used racing suit to is basically saying the suit I sent her is not the one pictured, and there's nothing I can do about it.  ALSO, SHE SENT HER COMPLAINTS WELL AFTER SHE HAD TIME TO RACE IN THE SUIT.  Race suits are DISPOSABLE.

I sent her a once used $450 Arena racing suit for $90.  The suit was in perfect condition.  First she complained she didn't receive it.  Then she claimed I didn't send her the suit that I sent to her.  Then she posted negative feedback on my account, and because I just found this our and it's beyond 90 days, I can't do anything about it.  

This is outrageous.

The one reply I have received suggests I should have let her send me the suit after she apparently wore it out.  Really?  Is that what I should have done?  I sent her a very valuable race suit.  She just wanted it for free.  This is not acceptable, and it is outrageous that someone would suggest that I should have taken the item back after she ruined it.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Fraudulent Buyer

I doubt that Ebay would have removed the fb anyway. I do think your response could have been more professional.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Fraudulent Buyer

Found your message to be confusing.  I see one sold item for you under this ID and it was sold on September 17.

Also, maybe you're unaware that we're not allowed to "name and shame" here.

Wonder why your buyer did not just open an item not as described case.  Or did she? 

ETA:  Don't know anything at all about racing suits, but have to ask: An item that costs $135 is disposable? What does that mean?  

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Fraudulent Buyer

One, you cannot post the name of the buyer here. It is not allowed. The feedback is clearly by someone using a translation software. Did the buyer try to return the suit? Did you reject the return? Did eBay step in?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Fraudulent Buyer

Have you read the eBay Money Back Guarantee for buyers.? If a buyer opens an item not as described case, you have no options except to send her/him a prepaid return label and to refund in full after receiving the returned item.  Whoever made that suggestion was only trying to apprise you of how the MBG works for buyers.  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Fraudulent Buyer

If something is disposable, how can you sell it at all if it has been used?

Anyhow, while you will not want to hear this I am going to off friendly advice for your future reference:   Your response to that feedback did you more harm than the feedback itself did.  No matter if you must bite your tongue so hard it bleeds, keep replies to feedback brief, calm, factual, and professional.  That is for your own sake, because displays of anger, and name-calling and accusations, will scare off potential good buyers.

-

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Fraudulent Buyer

@biddingbuc wrote:

I have 100% positive feedback, buying and selling.  

I just discovered that someone I sold a barely used racing suit to is basically saying the suit I sent her is not the one pictured, and there's nothing I can do about it. 

Uh, first you have minimal feedback over the past year.  Second, you just discovered the negative feedback left over 6 months ago?!?  Hard to totally parse the situation, but I infer there was no refund made so you got to keep the money and yet you still left a somewhat snarky response.  What am I missing?   I mean I just got my first negative feedback in several years but the buyer, someone totally new to Ebay, did not ask for a refund so I am just ignoring the buyer feedback and smiling as I take the money, which I would have been happy to refund, to the bank.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Fraudulent Buyer

eBay can save you the trip to the bank by depositing your funds directly into your account electronically.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply