cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign Buyers Now Circumventing No International Shipping Blocks

I do not do international shipping, personal preference. I have it stated clearly on my listings...USA Sales Only, No International Shipping, PayPal Payment Blocks in place for Foreign Currency Transactions. 

I have my ebay blocks set.  I have my PayPal blocks set.....No transactions from Non US addresses, No Foreign Currency Transactions, primary currency set at USD.

And they can still circumvent all that and bid on your listings.  The non US address is easily bypassed by the buyer signing up with a reshipper forwarding co. based in the US. However the currency block would always stop a transaction.  I found out not anymore. A reshipper a Turkish buyer had actually offers a service to their account holders to not only put the shippers US address on ebay, PayPal, but also to pay for the buyer using their USD credit account.  I wasn't happy about this buyer clearly knowing I didn't ship international and deliberately jumping through hoops to do it. Now I'm stuck having to ship it out. $90 radio.  As long as there is a valid US address ebay will give me a defect if I cancel out.  Yes ebay invalidates buyer protection if this is forwarded bythe reshipper.  But PayPal totally cancels out Seller Protection if an item is reshipped. Its on their TOS. They even warn you not to have a buyer  reship. Problem is, I only know after the fact, when the items been bought. Catch 22 situation. If I'm stuck with a scammer he'll do a PayPal charge back with his reshippers USD credit account.  I realize many sellers do business with reshippers with no problems. I hope for the same.

Message 1 of 78
latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

When you look at the buyers feedback what country does it show they are registered in?

Message 2 of 78
latest reply

If you do not want to deal with reshippers in your Paypal account block those with non US paypal accounts and foreign currency.

They can bid but they cannot pay.

Message 3 of 78
latest reply

Read my article. It doesn't matter what country they are registered in. What matters is if they use a USA shipping address on ebay and paypal. Using a US based reshipping co lets them do that.

Message 4 of 78
latest reply

International buyers are using reshippers paypal account and contact info to get around blocks a seller might have in place...

Message 5 of 78
latest reply

Read my article. They are getting around the currency block by having their US based reshipper co use their USD credit account to pay for them, the buyer.

Message 6 of 78
latest reply

I read your article and have first hand knowledge as to what they are doing all I need to know is what country is your buyers feedback showing they are register in...

Message 7 of 78
latest reply

Turkey  His reshipper....

https://www.shopborderless.online/

Message 8 of 78
latest reply

Is this something new?  So if I am understanding, the shipping company pays with their account and then bills the International buyer?

So the shipping name and address would appear in paypal?

If so, then if it were me I would use problem with address.  My buyer is the International person not the reshipper because if there is a SNAD on paypal the buyer is going to want the money back from me.

Paypal needs to catch up with ebay then.  If a person uses a reshipper, then once it gets there, all done.  No SNAD returns allowed.

Message 9 of 78
latest reply

Thats all you need to pull the plug on them just refund and use problem with buyers address as the reason for the cancelation. If ebay issues you a defect you can call ebay and ask since when are you allowing buyers to use false contact info to circumvent their system? Defect just up and disappears...

Message 10 of 78
latest reply

wrote:

Read my article. They are getting around the currency block by having their US based reshipper co use their USD credit account to pay for them, the buyer.

Then what’s the issue? It’s a domestic transaction as far as you are concerned. You are paying the domestic PP fee and shipping to the US. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 11 of 78
latest reply

Thats the problem. Ebay has you covered but PayPal has the exact opposite policy. Your seller protection is totally invalidated ifthe item is forwarded from the original address, in this case the US based reshipper address.  If the guy files a case with PayPal you're toast.

Message 12 of 78
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

Then what’s the issue? It’s a domestic transaction as far as you are concerned. You are paying the domestic PP fee and shipping to the US. 

The problem is not with ebay but with paypal which would allow the buyer to file SNAD and return the item.  It would be on his dime, but still.

Message 13 of 78
latest reply

I had this problem surface 2 months ago real dangerous item and dollar amount. Item going to Cal. but buyer was registered in Russia but it appeared they were in Cal.,but they weren't they were using all the reshippers info and paypal to get around the system. Been a few posts made about it,but folks dismissed the posters,but its growing everyday...

Message 14 of 78
latest reply

But then it could become a mess if the 'buyer' files a snad.
Message 15 of 78
latest reply