cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed price listings renewals as Good til Cancelled

The way this would really work is if it stayed listed until it sold without doing a renewal. I have items I trade out from month to month so I can incorporate new items in at various times. The automatic renewal of fixed price listings isnt for everyone.  The people this helps is those that have tons of listings when having an anchor store. All these ridiculous changes just makes it harder for people such as myself who have been using this platform to sell for many years.

This type of rule changes is much like a high end shopping mall going up on the rent to force out stores of cheaper less quality merchandise to leave that mall so they can put in higher end stores. 

Case in Point, Kay Bee Toys. When they were in business in a good mall near my house, they were gradually forced out because of the rent being too high to justify staying open any longer at that location. 

I get 250 fixed price listings and 250 auction style listings a month with my ebay store option. Since opening that store option, I hardly ever get any free listings of 500 or more. I know people who dont have the ebay store option and they get those listing options all the time. Not to mention the increase in fee rates that the people without ebay stores didnt incur. Looks like I might be rethinking the ebay store option because it looks to be a better deal not having one.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Fixed price listings renewals as Good til Cancelled

You are welcome to end your GTC listing anytime you want without any kind of penalty.  You can wait up to 90 days and relist from your unsold and or ending listing folders anytime you want in that time frame. No problem.

You have a lot of auctions listings you are not using based on your completed listings.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!! I WANT TO DO BUY IT NOWS FOR 7 DAYS NOT FOR UNTIL CANCELED. NOONE WILL SEE THEM UNTIL 30 DAYS!! VERY STUPID CHANGE!! CHANGE BACK!!!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I agree!  We PAY to have a store open and we PAY fees when we sell something... We SHOULD have the option to list for 5 or 10 days if we want to, not be forced into GTC!!!  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I am an eBay anchor store subscriber.  I do not want the automatic relist (aka GTC) is the only option for fixed price listing.  I have more than 14,000 items in my inventory and I always pick the best selling items to post.  If everything is GTC, this means eBay is forcing me to list the items without my consent.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

THEY HAVE TO CHANGE IT BACK!!
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I do not like this new policy. it's unfair, 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Sure we are able to cancel a listing anytime, but then we have to keep very good track of hundreds of listings and make sure we do not get charged for listings if we do not have any free listings left.  This is a money game... We ARE paying for our listings and we SHOULD be able to pick how long they are listed for!!!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

A statement by an Ebay Blue:

From the Chat of March 27, 2018:   At this point in time the change to duration options is permanent and there are not plans to adjust it. We believe that it will be the best format to attract and retain buyers to your businesses. However, if that proves not to be the case we could see things change in the future. Thanks!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply