cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time seller. NEVER again.

I've been using eBay as a buyer for years. Mostly it's gone well. BUT I recently sold my first item on eBay. What a monster pain in the ass this has been. Is eBay trying to make the process as horrible as it could possibly be? I haven't even gotten paid yet and the item sold several weeks ago. This has been such a terrible experience I'm sick to my stomach. I'll NEVER deal with eBay again as a seller or buyer. One of the worst experiences of my life and i've had open heart surgery.  

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

i'm done with it. I don't even care about the payment anymore. I just want ebay far in my past never to be thought about again. It's caused me so much stress I must just let go so as not to harm my already poor and old health. I'm done with it. Thanks to everyone for listening and giving me advice. Have a BEAUTIFUL day. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 30 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Hmm does the order page show payment pending that you need to ship?

You do know that eBay hold funds on NEW sellers??

Message 2 of 48
latest reply

Well, at least now when you go to buy something you can relate to what sellers have to go through.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 3 of 48
latest reply

Takes 30+ days to receive funds that are on hold as a new time seller or  a seller who hasn't sold for awhile.

Ebay is not a quick way to make money overnight anymore after Pay Pal no longer pays sellers in 30 seconds a long time ago. Those were the days. Now its Managed Payments. I wouldn't give up. Once you start selling some stuff it gets better. We all been there with the Manage Payments and had the same experience.

Message 4 of 48
latest reply

Oh my! I'm so sorry you've had such a hard time.

I don't even remember what the criteria is for a new seller because it's been so long,

but once you get over that hump   (30 days?  Is that what it is?  sheesh)

...anyway, it does get much better. You do get paid pretty quickly. 

I have to admit... and I'm truly VERY sorry  ...your post made me LOL! Only because I often

say "I'd rather have a molar pulled!" You're equating the experience to open heart surgery.

That's pretty serious. Awwww

Message 5 of 48
latest reply

You haven't gotten paid by eBay or the buyer?  I read it to mean the buyer. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 6 of 48
latest reply

Simply,  Me two.

What stands out is the "Sick to my stomach"   comment about an NPB  (If that's what we're talking about)

I had 2 NPBs this week.   They have long been a part of the eBay experience.    And they don't make me sick.

Message 7 of 48
latest reply

For the OP:

1)   Did your buyer pay you?

2)  Did you ship the speaker?

3)  Are you  A new seller?

Message 8 of 48
latest reply

Have you set up your managed payments drop yet?

...cause you won't ever get paid unless you do

Message 9 of 48
latest reply

Very true. But just trying to figure out HOW to sell on eBay is a pita with all the confusing pages. And no links to the pages a new seller really needs. I don't even know where to find the transaction details and i've looked and looked. EBay needs to understand that for first time sellers the process is pure hell.  

Message 10 of 48
latest reply

(at the risk of looking like an idiot...)   What's an NPB?

Message 11 of 48
latest reply

You are correct. And that's the very reason they've lost my biz forever. Ebay is simply not good to deal with anymore.  

Message 12 of 48
latest reply

Silly you! The title of this post is "First Time Seller...."   (hee-hee)

Message 13 of 48
latest reply

@anjie234 wrote:

(at the risk of looking like an idiot...)   What's an NPB?

non paying bidder

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 14 of 48
latest reply

I sold an item I wanted to keep because I need money for food. I didn't know they hold money for a month. I've been starving (honestly STARVING) this whole month because I was counting on those funds. I realize I should have known they hold money. But I will no longer do business with a company that withholds money for extended amounts of time that doesn't belong to them. There is nothing right about that. 

Message 15 of 48
latest reply