cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Ebay User State Location

Hi,

This will be a fast question. I used to be able to look up where the user (buyer) was located in the country under Advanced by searching their username. I used to use this feature a lot so that I would have an idea of where a bidder(s) might be and approximate cost to ship once the item sold. I don't see that option anymore. Only an option to look up (show only or exclude from search SELLERS). If I get a Best Offer it will tell me where the Best Offering user is, but if it's bidders, I want to be able to see where they are in the country so I can approximate shipping costs before hand. Can anyone PLEASE help? THANKS!!!

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Finding Ebay User State Location

Dy-Na-MITE!!! That's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a million, Brother! 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can see location in messages if the buyer asks a question, but that doesn't mean it's the location the item will ship to. Buyers can put in alternate shipping addresses when they pay.

Why do you need to look this up if it's not related to an offer?

You offer free shipping so you need to estimate worst case scenario shipping costs and add that to your item price before you list.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I do estimate worst case scenario. I just want to have an idea, that's all. Yes, I offer free shipping, but still want to have an idea of the shipping costs.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Where-is-Advanced-Search-to-find-a-Member/m-p/28870061#M127122...

I believe this is what you mean.

Someone posted an old way of doing it.

It works for some.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Dy-Na-MITE!!! That's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a million, Brother! 🙂

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Do you want to know or do you need to know? If you need to know - why?

We can offer helpful solutions but only if we understand the question.

You covered worst case scenario shipping in your listing price, so you'll have access to those funds when the buyer pays. You don't need to put aside extra since it's already covered.

You're not talking about accepting offers where cost of shipping could be a factor in the number you accept.

What other reason would you need to know the shipping cost before a buyer pays?

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

One reason could be deciding between two offers  to figure which would give seller best profit

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Exactly. And to get a guess of what my profit might be. Everyone wants to know that.
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
@reheseller001 wrote:
Exactly. And to get a guess of what my profit might be. Everyone wants to know that.

Except that your first post specified you can already see the information on offers. You wanted to see location for bidders on an auction.

This is the first time you stated the reason: to estimate your profit on an auction. You should be able to do that without buyer location, estimated within a pretty small range. Best case = $x if shipping to zone 1, worst case = $x if shipping to zone 8

At least you have a link to an old page, but I wouldn't count on that old page sticking around since they've phased it out of the advanced search.

The info you see won't always be accurate as I stated above. I can be registered in Illinois, but add my family's shipping address in Hawaii when I check out. Your estimate won't be any more accurate than if you assume it's a range between zone 1 and 8.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

You're not talking about accepting offers where cost of shipping could be a factor in the number you accept.

I think that's exactly what OP wants to know; cost of shipping and whether or not to accept the offer.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, but that's not what they said. They said they already have the info on offers.

"If I get a Best Offer it will tell me where the Best Offering user is, but if it's bidders, I want to be able to see where they are in the country so I can approximate shipping costs before hand."

To be clear, I'm not challenging the need for the information, I'm trying to understand why it's needed to help offer a more permanent solution than a link that is being phased out and can disappear and stop working any day.

If these are offers through messaging the solution is to ask the buyer where the item will ship.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@reheseller001 wrote:

Actually, it is sister, and you are very welcome.

I am glad I could help.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Thanks Sister 🙂 God bless!

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, but that's not what they said. They said they already have the info on offers.

"If I get a Best Offer it will tell me where the Best Offering user is, but if it's bidders, I want to be able to see where they are in the country so I can approximate shipping costs before hand."

To be clear, I'm not challenging the need for the information, I'm trying to understand why it's needed to help offer a more permanent solution than a link that is being phased out and can disappear and stop working any day.

If these are offers through messaging the solution is to ask the buyer where the item will ship.

No offense, but, . . . if you are having this hard a time understanding why the OP might want that information, you probably won't be able to offer a better solution than already given by those who do understand.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Amen 🙂

@muttlymob wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No offense, but, . . . if you are having this hard a time understanding why the OP might want that information, you probably won't be able to offer a better solution than already given by those who do understand.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply