cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Valve fees

I see Ebay slipped in another $.10 final valve fee. 

Final value fees

We charge one final value fee when your item sells, and you don't have to worry about third-party payment processing fees. This fee is calculated as a percentage of the total amount of the sale, plus a per order fee. For orders $10.00 or less the per order fee is $0.30, for orders over $10.00 the per order fee is $0.40.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Final Valve fees

I think what you mean is that eBay has increased the "per order" fee to 40 cents for orders over $10.00.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Final Valve fees

The increase in fee per transaction started March 15th. It is posted in the seller announcements in winter seller updates. 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Final Valve fees

I missed the notice too - $10 plus seems to low to add another ten cents too.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Final Valve fees

Card processing are going up and have been since basically October last year.  It's anticipated card franchises will gain 500+ Million Dollars in 2024 due to increases.  That's not to say there are not reasons for it, there are and there are plethora's of websites covering this including retail federations wanting fight back against the card processors and franchises.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Final Valve fees

It's always a good idea to read the updates ebay sends out, especially for big sellers, since it could affect them more than others.   I'd be too afraid of being blindsided with something big by not reading them.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Final Valve fees

@retro_entertainment_collectibles 

Thanks for the post.  I personally don't sell too much and I never saw any type of notice.  To be honest, I'm just waiting for a poem for St. Pats!!🍀🍺

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Final Valve fees

I got a 4 leaf clover....4 leaf clover.JPG

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Final Valve fees

If I were you, I wouldn't blow a valve over this.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Final Valve fees

I read my updates when they send them didn't get this one as I know they are going to get a few cents more out of us biggest ripoff is fee they charge on the sales tax. I understand the fee on shipping as before they started charging it some sellers abused it  and inflated the shipping and charged less on the item to beat paying the correct fee.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Final Valve fees

Thanks for the post.  I personally don't sell too much and I never saw any type of notice.  To be honest, I'm just waiting for a poem for St. Pats!!

Twas a crazy old man called O'Keef 
Who caused local farmers much grief 
To their cows he would run 
Cut their legs off for fun 
And say "Look, I've invented ground beef!" 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Final Valve fees

@jltrainman wrote:

I read my updates when they send them didn't get this one as I know they are going to get a few cents more out of us biggest ripoff is fee they charge on the sales tax. I understand the fee on shipping as before they started charging it some sellers abused it  and inflated the shipping and charged less on the item to beat paying the correct fee.

If you don't get the emails, you can also subscribe to "announcements" to get updates.  

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Final Valve fees

Judging by your FB #, it seems you are very successful as a seller.  So, respectfully, have to ask, how does that 10 cents or 40 cents translate to $10?  Your original message made it sound like you were going to be charged an additional $10 FVF on every sale.  

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Final Valve fees

Thank you.  

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Final Valve fees

Please ignore this.  I misread the original message. 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply