cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File police reports and small claims cases

Good morning,

We encourage everyone to do the same.  We filed an online police report.  We filed an online small claims case.  We will not let a buyer rip us off.  Stop the madness, file your case.   We lost over  $550.00.  If we have to walk to their state-we willl.  Enough is enough.  An employee accidentally refunded before a return because of how the tab on managed pay looks.  The buyer was refunded and he won’t return the collectable cards.  We sent a return label through returns.  He said that it was blank.  We don’t know....could be...We emailed him one through EBAY.  We mailed him one.  We offered a prepaid service.  EBAY states that since he was refunded, all that they can do is answer the police inquiry.  WE WILL NOT LET THIS GO since we can’t deduct it because cost of goods is no longer possible.  Fight these people so that everyone has fewer incidents.  Win or lose, we got the time.

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: File police reports and small claims cases

What answer? I just want to know whether you are charging Florida buyers state sales tax when eBay is also charging it.  Yes or no.  And you know the state sales tax on online sales is based in the delivery address of the buyer, not that of the seller, right?  

Message 46 of 57
latest reply

Per the Florida Department of revenue, since EBAY does not charge taxes on Florida sales unless you build it on your tax table, it still must be paid.  We had not built a tax for Florida because they are a destination state and have multiple taxes.  So, their office representative stated that we could do it two ways when an invoice is not requested because the buyer pays upon bid win.  Method 1 is to charge the least destination tax and the seller pays out of pocket.  Method 2 is to charge the max and refund the buyer, then claim it as an allowed Florida deduction.  Method 3, if you can invoice is to put the exact required tax on the tax table for each sale, and like EBAY says, state in the description that you charge tax.  The Florida Department If Revenue has already collected taxes from us this year.   This is their state law.  It only takes one customer bragging how a seller didn’t charge him tax for a local business to turn it in.  We are licensed in several states.  There are only about 5 states that don’t have STATE sales tax.

Message 47 of 57
latest reply

Some of these answers seem like they are coming from EBAY employees and/or people who don’t sell, just buy.

Message 48 of 57
latest reply

Good afternoon,

The police detective went to his house, and he is sending it back.  I told him that if it is not in the same condition, I will not drop my small claims case.  People, fight back.

Message 49 of 57
latest reply

Good afternoon,

The police detective went to his house, and he is sending it back.  I told him that if it is not in the same condition, I will not drop my small claims case.  People, fight back.

Than you for your support.

Message 50 of 57
latest reply

Good afternoon,

Than you for your support.  We need everyone to stick together.

Message 51 of 57
latest reply

Good afternoon,

Message 52 of 57
latest reply

Good afternoon,

Than you for your support. We all need to stick together.

Message 53 of 57
latest reply

Good afternoon,

Than you for your input.

Message 54 of 57
latest reply

I just had a problem and was told to file a police report .   In Los Angeles, CA it is not possible to file an on- line report  because there is no category for it so I called and spoke with a front  desk officer and he said they don’t write police reports for this type of thing as it’s a civil case .  Ebay is sending me on a wild goose chase with a policy that is unobtainable at least where I live.  

Message 55 of 57
latest reply

Hmmm that sounds like it may work because I couldn’t file a police report on-line in my County of Los Angeles, CA … I was told by a front desk police  officer it was a civil matter and they don’t write police reports for a problem with an ebay buyer of a case were the buyer didn’t send the same item I sent back.   So it’s like ebay created a policy that is unobtainable to satisfy.     Ebay isn’t a safe place anymore and esp after ebays managed payments kicked in.   

Message 56 of 57
latest reply

@queens*collectables wrote:

I just had a problem and was told to file a police report .   In Los Angeles, CA it is not possible to file an on- line report  because there is no category for it so I called and spoke with a front  desk officer and he said they don’t write police reports for this type of thing as it’s a civil case .  Ebay is sending me on a wild goose chase with a policy that is unobtainable at least where I live.  

You should really make your own thread for this instead of hijacking someone elses. You'll receive much less help on this thread...

Message 57 of 57
latest reply