cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback

Ive had over 200 transactions in the last 12 months but only received feedback on 100. Any suggestions to encourage buyers to leave feedback?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Feedback

Just deliver on time, answer to all questions, & don't pressure the buyer on leaving you a feedback. Just let the feedback funnel in naturally. Of course, you can always leave feedback upon shipping the item. However, that is your choice. There aren't any full proof methods to obtain additional feedback from any of your transactions. 

In conclusion, don't waste too much time worrying about feedback. You already have 3400 + feedback. You're doing great so far.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Very bad idea because when you ask them to do it they have a tendency to leave un desirable comments.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I've been here since '04. eBay's long term measurements (before they decided to stop showing it) showed that I have had over 100,000 transactions. Yet my feedback is about 1/2 of that. It is what it is.

I can understand the concern of someone who is just starting and has a feedback in single or double digits wanting to get it up to show viability and possibly allay the fears of someone buying from someone with a low score.

But yours is high enough that is no longer an issue.

At this point, while I appreciate the feedback I get, I have long since stopped stressing over it. There are just too many other things of more concern.

Like which doughnut goes best with this coffee.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I started to use the "Thank You" stickers that I get from eBay on my packages.  This little change, has been working for me.  I don't ask my buyers for feedback, as I have read from a number of postings that you might not get the "Positive" feedback that you believe that you might deserve, but some thing else.  

Good luck on your selling journey!

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

You get 50% feedback?

I only get about 10% to 20% feedback.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I would never encourage feedback that was not left because it may be something you don't want to hear. If someone wants to leave feedback, they will.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

you woud appear to get plenty of feedback if its half

as soon as I ship I go  and leave feedback

give the buyers what they want is my plan

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

When it comes to feedback for a seller, no news is good news.   Like wishes, never ask. You might not like what you receive.  You will never get FB on every transaction anyway.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Why would someone who has 3408 FB and has been here for over 16 years be concerned about receiving feedback? 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@piercecolby$miller wrote:

Ive had over 200 transactions in the last 12 months but only received feedback on 100. Any suggestions to encourage buyers to leave feedback?

If you received 50% FB, that is not bad.  Better than our ratios.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

You have left 6044 FB and received 4291. With many users reporting only 20-25% FB received it appears your ratio of received to left is pretty darn good. Many  would love to see a percentage like that. While 99% of eBayers are great people there are some not so much. When it comes to a great ratio like yours I would let sleeping dogs lie.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@piercecolby$miller  I have over 40k FB on my seling account, but I have yet been able to figure out how to cash that in at my bank - you are selling items for money, feedback won't put food on your table.

Chill and keep selling...........

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Of course, the chocolate sprinkles with that coffee!

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Feedback is a voluntary program and is waning in importance on eBay. It no longer counts towards a seller’s performance metrics, thank goodness, so my advice is to not ask for it.

I leave feedback first for my buyers and always have. Some sellers withhold it to try and spur on their buyers to leave it first, but i feel that is being somewhat coercive for my tastes. (Opinions are divided on this.)

Message 15 of 15
latest reply