cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FeedBack... Is this just me?

Wow, I get this email from a buyer: "

i have completed my part in the sale of this item...paid right off...you can leave me my feedback now....therer is always trouble in getting my feedback from sellers who wait till i leave feedback....so i have completed my part...feedback for me now...."

(I did not change a word)

What do you guys think? Rude or what?

The nerve! What would you respond?

Or is that normal to you?

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: FeedBack... Is this just me?

I got the idea of using it for ads, as I have received so many similar advertising from sellers my self 🙂
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

@mygreenmustang wrote:

What do you guys think?

What would you respond?

Since feedback for buyers is absolutely meaningless, I would respond by immediately leaving feedback for him as requested. 

BTW, there are a few sellers on this board who seem to be just as obsessed with getting feedback as your buyer is. 

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

@mygreenmustang wrote:
As I mentioned, he sent that email directly after his purchase!

If you set it up to give FB right after payment, it would be almost immediate. Should you get an email requesting feedback it could safely be ignored because it's just a delay in the system (or the buyer didn't see it).

I don't get asked for FB very often since it auto leaves it, but once in a while a buyer misses that some was left because they've bought many things that day.

C.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

"What do you guys think?"

I think once you leave some good feedback to said buyer; within a few day that follows such feedback, you'll receive a return request of the item through eBay's system, and when you receive the item back, it will not be the item you sold? For in the Buyer's mind once you leave good words therein your feedback, they will not receive a strike from eBay for returning an item: pure conjecture by reading between the lines of your post.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

I personally leave feedback once a week all at once. Most items I leave feedback once the item has been received by buyer and there are no issues only because we can't leave anything but positive feedback for buyers. So once the item has been received or delivered i should say, I leave all my feedback once a week (or at least I try to stay on that schedule). I used to leave it right away but then I had some problems with some buyers being rude, false returns, etc. So I stopped leaving feedback immediately. If they don't leave me feedback hey that's fine, if they do that's great.
I have gotten these messages and some seem rude, recently got one that said "Hi, i left you positive feedback, can you please do the same?" I reply sure no problem, sorry I leave mine weekly all at once and they are find. I usually will leave that buyer theirs right away if they are nice about it.
So it is up to you really how and if you want to leave feedback, it can be taken as rude but some buyers feel that because they paid you should leave feedback asap, even tho feedback for a buyer is kinda pointless in my opinion and I know others feel the same way.
I don't feel like just because they paid, they should get feedback, I think feedback should be done once the item is delivered and order is complete, but that's just me. Others may agree, and others may not agree. I do leave feedback for buyer's 99% of the time, only time I don't if it was a bogus refund or I have had some ask me to NOT leave it because they are going to resell what they bought from me under the same username.
Message 20 of 26
latest reply

@mtgraves7984
I think that is a perfect response and it is not rude.
Message 21 of 26
latest reply

@calibaydeals619
I always make sure to leave feedback quickly for someone that is brand new and is obviously needing to build up feedback. I do it especially for 0 - 10 feedback buyers, I am much quicker to leave it because I know what it is like to try and build up feedback. Especially when you are trying to sell items, it is the worst when you get only maybe 30% of buyers leaving feedback when you are trying to build up your business. So I definitely always leave it quicker for those sellers / buyers. I was new once, we all were.
Message 22 of 26
latest reply

Just leave the doggone feedback. It's not like they can get anything but positive, anyway. I leave a thank you when I ship - that way I don't have to worry about one of these:

9caf7ef4f602a663bef9fe902807a01f

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 23 of 26
latest reply

Lol

That beats my “spider in the box” negative hands down!

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@mygreenmustang wrote:

Wow, I get this email from a buyer: "

i have completed my part in the sale of this item...paid right off...you can leave me my feedback now....therer is always trouble in getting my feedback from sellers who wait till i leave feedback....so i have completed my part...feedback for me now...."

(I did not change a word)

What do you guys think? Rude or what?

The nerve! What would you respond?

Or is that normal to you?

You've found a feedie... ones that live for the feedback and I swear not the item itself... for THOSE the best bet is just to leave the feedback and go on with life.

Me personally I have to auto set up to leave feedback when I get the positive (to avoid the other feedies).  But what I do is when I know they have the items in hand I leave feedback (like I would at the store when I hand them their receipts and bags of stuff).

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 25 of 26
latest reply

" For in the Buyer's mind once you leave good words therein your feedback, they will not receive a strike from eBay for returning an item."  WHAT? 

When does a buyer EVER receive a strike for returning an item?  

Message 26 of 26
latest reply