cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Featured Feedback on your storefront

Since eBay is making changes on a daily basis, It would be nice to feature some of the best feedback you have received on your store's home page. For example, this one warmed the cockles of my heart:ScreenShot Tool -20230824053002.png

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Featured Feedback on your storefront

Certainly, showcasing positive customer feedback on your store's homepage is a great way to build trust and credibility. Feedback like the one you mentioned provides a personal touch and can resonate with potential customers. Regularly updating these testimonials can keep your homepage engaging and relevant, reflecting the positive experiences of your satisfied customers.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Well, they do it on other platforms, so I'm sure eBay will eventually get around to borrowing the idea. On other selling platforms, first time buyers message me, greeting me by first name, and I'm always able to assist and customize orders for them. My glowing reviews surround my products and it's welcoming and inviting.

eBay's constant test phase is working on allowing the buyers to upload photographs which will mostly be used for negative experiences. Now they are testing displaying a time module on how long it takes a seller to respond to messages normally.

On another note, I take my orders personally to the post office everyday, sometimes two or three times per day. I noticed 3 late packages on my seller metrics yesterday because the packages were taken on Saturday but not actually processed at the sorting facility until Monday. It can definitely be abusive to sell on eBay. I don't experience any of this on other selling venues. But I understand, eBay is keeping us all safe because they are looking out for our best interests. Got it.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Not the best decision just because as a buyer and seller, I still dig into feedback history to see everything on a buyer or a seller because it will be get buried over time (12 months) on the feedback chart, but now eBay is posting the a few recent posts in the sellers' listings. I believe three most recent are posted.

When I do dig into all feedback history, it can be surprising / shocking at times. 

Sometimes when I see many negative and / or neutrals on a seller, I find it surprising that they do not post a response to the buyer's comment to make their case. That kind of tells me that they may be guilty, don't know they can respond to posts, or don't care because they sell at such a high volume with positives, it keeps their positive percentage high. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply