cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRAUDULANT REFUNDS

Fraud is being committed on Ebay. Disputes are being settled by Ebay's Controlled Payment Program to not only let customers get their refund, but keep your item as well. Yes, you read it correctly. Ebay is issuing refunds and letting buyers keep the item. That's Fraud. Ebay is forcing All sellers into this Fraudulent program before the end of the year. Hope you as a seller are ready to issue multiple refunds though disputes and charge backs through the buyers banking institution. And your only defense response to the case is to issue a photo, not a written statement to defend yourself. No speech is allowed in response to cases. Only photos are allowed and if you do not load a picture into it, then they say you are Non- responsive. Even if your call them multiple times, they say you did Not respond. The cons artists will not file a return, they file a disputed chargeback instead and get to keep the item and get their money back!! And Ebay is allowing this to go on! Apparently there is corruption at the highest levels of Ebay for this to be allowed to continue. Worried 10 year seller.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: FRAUDULANT REFUNDS

Do any of you message the buyer to verify they did indeed file a chargeback with their CC company?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would.

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Well, Your wrong! cause they did Lady! I did respond multiple times for a MONTH!

Ripped Me off. But they got my back right! They got their own back, Not Mine!

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

Well, Your wrong! cause they did buddy! I did respond multiple times for a MONTH!

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

Once again get all the info before running your mouth!

Well, Your wrong! cause they did Buddy! I did respond multiple times for a MONTH!

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

Get all the facts first! 

Well, Your wrong! cause they did Lady! I did respond multiple times for a MONTH!

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

Get all the facts first!

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

@teth_1615 wrote:

@bonjourami wrote:

The only way the buyer gets to keep the item too, is if the seller does not respond to the case using Ebays criteria. And thats with a return label and refund after return.

These are not return requests where the seller can issue a return label and refund after return.

It's the next level up, a "Payment dispute" where eBay is now posing as a seller, because eBay receives the buyer's payment (then eBay pays the seller after deducting FVF). So when the buyer files a dispute at the next level up, eBay becomes the victim, the target of the dispute.

In a payment dispute, eBay as the seller does not want the item back, thousands of items back from thousands of payment disputes, so the solution is to just refund, then the actual seller can spar with the buyer to get the item back.

Here's what a Payment dispute for Unauthorized transaction looks like.

4tufdgh0ahfsg08auhf0g8af09a89df.jpg

But unlike PayPal, even if the seller has Proof of delivery, they lose.

You provided tracking details verifying the item had been delivered for a payment dispute under the reason 'Buyer didn't recognize the transaction' and lost??

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

...it's really worrisome...

...how could we know who is an honest buyer...???

...with PayPal, if seller provided a valid delivered tracking information, PayPal will close the case in seller's favor...

...so with Manage Payment sellers is at risk and eBay "wash" their hands and walk away...???

...that's disturbing...!!!

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

how could we know who is an honest buyer...???

Who knows - we can't.

But as a Seller, you do need to look at how many of these scenarios are happening.  If it is less than 1% of all sales, you are well under retail averages for theft, shrinkage, etc  (yes, that is usually B&M, but every Seller will incur some buyer issues, etc - especially buyer's remorse)

I think as a Seller you have to "plan/budget" for several awry transactions per quarter/year.  I truly forgot that as  for us, it is very infrequent.  If that changes, then as a Seller I think you have to look at how best to better mitigate the risk, if at all or stop selling certain items.

Every dollar counts these days.  e-Bay really does need to consider at a minimum certain buyer return parameters and truly enforce them.  As long as a buyer can just keep creating new accounts and repeating the behavior, it will not bode well for Sellers, especially in categories known for higher fraud.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Welcome to the new eBay. 

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@binderzz

>The cheerleaders will appear here to say "it's a cost of doing business, suck it up baby". Or, to say "this never happens to honest sellers and you must be a crook".

You got that right! Lots of lame excuses for eBay's fraudulent policies and if you say you are leaving, a polite "Don't let the door hit you in the @$$ on the way out".

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

@metalsoundz 

You sell enough to easily calculate a buffer for each listing.  If x% of your sales go south, just eat it or add it to your prices.  You haven’t sold anything that, if lost, would break the bank

Message 27 of 27
latest reply