193 REPLIES 193

Re: FALL Seller Update 2019

@flipper2flipper wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Well, where is it?

@mr_lincoln 

Silence is golden.

No news is GOOD news.

Maybe, with any luck, the Seller Update Team has been abolished.

We could never be that lucky. They are probably just taking their time to figure out additional ways to nickle and dime us to death.

Message 136 of 194
latest reply

"For sellers who are not Top Rated, the protections discussed in the Seller Update earlier this year would apply when eBay can confirm abusive behavior. For those who are Top Rated, you just need to report the buyer to us and we will take appropriate action right away."

As I've not read all the threads on this topic, has anyone defined what, exactly, 'appropriate action ' is?

I only wonder as, historically speaking, ebay's 'appropriate actions' aren't always what many sellers would expect or predict.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 137 of 194
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

"For sellers who are not Top Rated, the protections discussed in the Seller Update earlier this year would apply when eBay can confirm abusive behavior. For those who are Top Rated, you just need to report the buyer to us and we will take appropriate action right away."

As I've not read all the threads on this topic, has anyone defined what, exactly, 'appropriate action ' is?

I only wonder as, historically speaking, ebay's 'appropriate actions' aren't always what many sellers would expect or predict.

@gracieallen01- That was my thought exactly, the devil is in the details and who gets to define "appropriate action".  I'm reminded of a bit of circular logic that was thrown our way when we were dealing with a repeat offender scammer earlier this year.

eBay refunded our money and removed "case unresolved by seller" dings, but when it came to the service metrics, at that time I was told "We are never able to reverse on time shipping metrics or the service metrics recorded, but do have options to prevent these from negatively impacting a seller's account if the situation warrants such protection."

When I pushed back and asked "Would this situation warrant that protection and if so, what exactly does that mean? If at some point in the future we are subject to additional fees due to service metrics, can that be appealed because of this situation and if so, how would that work? What assurance do we have that we will be protected?"

The response was "The assurance you have is the confirmation I have provided the protections are available when the situation warrants protections."

So we went around and around with them assuring me protections would be automatically applied "if warranted" but never actually giving me a straight answer as to whether or not that situation warranted protections. Eventually those transactions fell off the time period being looked at for service metrics and we just moved on.

I understand that they are saying this new policy is an improvement and more protection will be available to certain sellers,  but I'm going to wait to see how this plays out in reality before I am convinced.

Message 138 of 194
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lasantino wrote:

trinton@ebay.com

@Anonymous   

can you please take a look at what zamo-zuan pointed out starting in message 97...

If in october trs sellers are able to have snad seller metric marks removed automatically.. that would make it almost impossible for a not trs seller who is in the very high or high seller metric catergory to ever move back down to average..   unless ebay changes the way it calculates the "peer" seller metric..     does this make sense.??

ebay can't measure non trs seller metric numbers against trs seller metric numbers .. by default,, trs sellers are going to have snad seller metric defects removed.. whereas there is no way for a non trs seller to have a seller metric ding removed.. even if the evidence is plain and clear..

this is a clear example of measuring the wrong things. using the wrong inputs.. can you please make someone at ebay aware of this issue,, because it's going to create two classes of sellers.. those who are trs in october and thus will never have to have a false snad count against their seller metric,,  and those sellers who are not trs and thus,, any and all snad returns will count against them and can not be removed.  thus,, leaving them in the very high category of seller metric when measured against our peers.. and thus always having to pay the increase 50% final value fees..

@mam98031  @zamo-zuan 

am i missing something in my basic.?? or is what I have described correct,,if ebay continues to measures all sellers in the same peer group( similar items, prices, conditions) then non trs sellers as of october will never be able to improve their metric.

Hi @lasantino, I received an update on this topic. While we won't be separating Top Rated Sellers into their own peer groups, I can confirm that we are removing defects caused by abusive buyers for all the sellers they transacted with. This means that when a Top Rated Seller reports a buyer for False SNAD and we find the buyer is abusive, all sellers that have been affected by that buyer will receive protections. These upcoming protections will further help us to protect our sellers across the board and I look forward to everyone seeing the benefits in the near future.

Message 139 of 194
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

I'm too lazy to look it up again but there is a teensy little snippet buried in this fab new policy that says (I'm paraphrasing) that the seller will be able to see the decision that was made in whatever report the seller filed.   Kind of follows along with "appropriate action."  As in, this isn't going to be some unicorn automatic thingy.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 140 of 194
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@lasantino wrote:

trinton@ebay.com

@Anonymous   

can you please take a look at what zamo-zuan pointed out starting in message 97...

If in october trs sellers are able to have snad seller metric marks removed automatically.. that would make it almost impossible for a not trs seller who is in the very high or high seller metric catergory to ever move back down to average..   unless ebay changes the way it calculates the "peer" seller metric..     does this make sense.??

ebay can't measure non trs seller metric numbers against trs seller metric numbers .. by default,, trs sellers are going to have snad seller metric defects removed.. whereas there is no way for a non trs seller to have a seller metric ding removed.. even if the evidence is plain and clear..

this is a clear example of measuring the wrong things. using the wrong inputs.. can you please make someone at ebay aware of this issue,, because it's going to create two classes of sellers.. those who are trs in october and thus will never have to have a false snad count against their seller metric,,  and those sellers who are not trs and thus,, any and all snad returns will count against them and can not be removed.  thus,, leaving them in the very high category of seller metric when measured against our peers.. and thus always having to pay the increase 50% final value fees..

@mam98031  @zamo-zuan 

am i missing something in my basic.?? or is what I have described correct,,if ebay continues to measures all sellers in the same peer group( similar items, prices, conditions) then non trs sellers as of october will never be able to improve their metric.

Hi @lasantino, I received an update on this topic. While we won't be separating Top Rated Sellers into their own peer groups, I can confirm that we are removing defects caused by abusive buyers for all the sellers they transacted with. This means that when a Top Rated Seller reports a buyer for False SNAD and we find the buyer is abusive, all sellers that have been affected by that buyer will receive protections. These upcoming protections will further help us to protect our sellers across the board and I look forward to everyone seeing the benefits in the near future.

Thanks for the follow up Trinton, by "Protections" will that include removal of less then Positive Feedback as well as Defects?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 141 of 194
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lasantino wrote:

trinton@ebay.com

@Anonymous   

@mam98031  @zamo-zuan 

Thanks for the follow up Trinton, by "Protections" will that include removal of less then Positive Feedback as well as Defects?

Hi @mr_lincoln, negative and neutral feedback are a part of the seller protections being introduced later this year for Top Rated Sellers, and is already something we protect sellers from when we have identified an abusive buyer. More information about these protections is available in our seller protection Help Page

Message 142 of 194
latest reply

very correct. For every step ebay takes to protect the seller they take 2 more steps to protect the buyer. hence why we as sellers dont win.

Message 143 of 194
latest reply

Sick and tired from eBay Updates...Would like to see some improves on eBay!

Message 144 of 194
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Well, where is it?

"Be careful what you ask for..."

There has never yet been an update with Good News for Sellers...  scream

Message 145 of 194
latest reply

@selsa84 wrote:

very correct. For every step ebay takes to protect the seller they take 2 more steps to protect the buyer. hence why we as sellers dont win.

@selsa84 

Can you give some specifics on this?  What changes are they making for buyers in light of the new seller protections coming soon?  I ask because I haven't seen anything on it.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 146 of 194
latest reply

@Anonymous   wrote: "Hi @mr_lincoln, negative and neutral feedback are a part of the seller protections being introduced later this year for Top Rated Sellers, and is already something we protect sellers from when we have identified an abusive buyer. More information about these protections is available in our seller protection Help Page. "

Perfect Trinton, thank you again ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 147 of 194
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@ekmadonna wrote:

Fall Seller Update? We Are Still Waiting For The SUMMER Update. The Blues Said in July that it was Coming BEFORE the END of the Summer and soon! Well Guess What? Like the Great DOORS Tune-- SUMMERS ALMOST GONE!

And the future is uncertain and the end is always near.

So let it roll, baby, roll.

A Seller Man don't need no Updates anyhow...

Message 148 of 194
latest reply

Oh No! Is it fall already"

Message 149 of 194
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Well, where is it?

Your wish will come true September 4th

Message 150 of 194
latest reply