cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excluded Countries for Shipping.

I try to ship Worldwide, unless I encounter a problem shipping to a certain country or they are a pariah for some reason, like Russia and Belarus. The USA and eBay also apparently prohibit shipping to some countries like Cuba, North Korea, Venezuela and Myanmar. So when creating listings I have an exlusion list. I decided to check one of my listings and I see that eBay, some bot? some new policy? some glitch? has expanded my Excluded Country list to the following:  Afghanistan, Barbados, Belarus, China, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Guadeloupe, Hungary, India, Libya, Martinique, New Caledonia, Reunion, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela. (But not Cuba or North Korea?) Some of those countries are on my list but I certainy have no problem shipping to French Colonies or the Caribbean. Before I try to bulk edit my listings and remove those little countries from my excluded list I wonder if there is something I am missing? 

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Excluded Countries for Shipping.

WHAT a Gamers Mess Ebay has turned International Shipping into.

And to all you foreign Ebay Help agents turning it into a further Tower of Babel

Language Barrier + Robot Circle Talk / Gibberish, I say GOODBYE & GOOD Luck. 

After 22 Years of selling on Ebay, I can NO Longer Waste my Time and Efforts Selling To the

International Market through Ebay.... SAD, but TRUE.......!!!!!

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

That list of countries are excluded for me as well, but there is nothing in my exclusion list. Could be because the listing was converted from eBay Global Shipping Program to International Standard Delivery, or a bug in the system?

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

That list of countries are excluded for me as well, but there is nothing in my exclusion list. Could be because the listing was converted from eBay Global Shipping Program to International Standard Delivery, or a bug in the system?

There appear to be a number of issues with the eBay transition of sellers from the GSP to EIS which is being done unilaterally. If you were/are using GSP at some point, unless you opt out of GSP prior to transition, eBay will automatically convert you over. 

The problem is there are a number of restrictions under EIS that did not exist under GSP and the individual item listing transitions are experiencing some issues. Other than promoting EIS eBay has been pretty silent about any technical problems they are having but issues continue to pop up on this forum. 

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

WHAT a Gamers Mess Ebay has turned International Shipping into.

And to all you foreign Ebay Help agents turning it into a further Tower of Babel

Language Barrier + Robot Circle Talk / Gibberish, I say GOODBYE & GOOD Luck. 

After 22 Years of selling on Ebay, I can NO Longer Waste my Time and Efforts Selling To the

International Market through Ebay.... SAD, but TRUE.......!!!!!

No argument here. When EIS was announced there were so many inconsistencies in the various announcements and the constraints under EIS were simply more than I wanted to deal with. I OPT'ed out of the GSP program before I was transitioned to EIS and have quit selling internationally while they get the kinks worked out of this program. 

In addition while the GSP was managed and ran by Pitney Bowes who is a world class leader in logistics operations the EIS program is ran by a Chinese company that does not have a substantial proven track record. It will be interesting to see if eBay stands behind the seller protections they are professing and how long they continue to do that if it begins to dig into the bottom line. 

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

This question is for anyone who may be able to answer.  I was just automatically enrolled in "eBay International Shipping Program".  When I first set up my eBay account a couple years ago, I excluded international shipping locations in my account shipping settings and decided to only ship domestically.  But this new enrollment in the "eBay International Shipping Program has my interest.  Do I need to go into my shipping preferences and edit to not exclude international locations? And then go back in to exclude specific countries I don't want to sell to?

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

I had the same issue the OP had, but I found the solution. When you list an item under shipping, at the top to the far right there is a see shipping options drop down, there at the very bottom there is an Exclude Locations option you turn on. Then when you choose your shipping option, choose worldwide.  This will make all countries available, THEN..down further there is an Exclude Locations (optional) menu, click on that, then you can click the regions of the world you ship to, but you can also choose the countries you want to include or exclude.. they all are all selected by default, so all you need to do is unselect the countries you want to ship to. For instance, I click on Africa, and all the countries in Africa are presented...same with all other regions. Ebay made things easier by making them harder so yay. But at least you can edit the countries in much more detail than it leads you to believe on the face of it. 

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

I stopped shipping internationally because they would take forever to take out my payment for shipping. 

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Right?  Good point!  More people need to think that way. It takes fuel to travel if you have cargo or not on board.  

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply