cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay

How about eBay fees when selling a product?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Ebay

Yes there is fees when selling on Ebay.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Ebay

What about them? They are clearly posted for all to read Seller fees

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Ebay

How about those fees... huh? 

I'll be here all week

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Ebay

What about ‘em?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Ebay

I remember before the internet when to sell things you could consign them with a 50/50 split.  EBay is a bargain hovering at about 13%?  If you feel you don't pay enough find a local charity and spread the love.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Ebay

@pasiya.k wrote:

eBay used to show their fee at the bottom of the selling form, but they must've decided that "out of sight, out of mind" is more lucrative.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Ebay

@tools* wrote:

@pasiya.k wrote:

eBay used to show their fee at the bottom of the selling form, but they must've decided that "out of sight, out of mind" is more lucrative.

Perhaps so but I tend rely on my successful completion of 7th grade mathematics and ability to calculate it in my brain.  

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Ebay

@toysaver wrote:

I remember before the internet when to sell things you could consign them with a 50/50 split.  EBay is a bargain hovering at about 13%?  If you feel you don't pay enough find a local charity and spread the love.

Wow - This Again??

So lets check your facts here:

First off, there are PLENTY of places that consign at 60% for you 40% for them and even less.

Second, a 60/40 or 50/50 split would be OF THE SELLING PRICE - The 13% You mention is OF THE ENTIRE TRANSACTION - Which can easily translate to 20+% of the items selling price.

So for those fees pushing or even over 20% of the items selling price, you have to take pictures, create a listing, store items, revise, promote, relist, answer questions, maintain account, log-in, deal with site problems & glitches, retrieve, pack, fix printer, ship, account, answer more questions, track a package, accept a return, get a rock back, etc, etc, etc...

Along with the above time eaters, you also have overhead that you don't have with consignment, like: gas, asset wear and tear, office supplies, shipping material, shipping or return loses, internet, phone, storage fees, account fees, store fees, etc etc etc...

And finally, no one here talks much about the ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM - You know - Promoted listings? My guess is you are taking part in it, so your 13% is more smoke and mirror, but even if you aren't, you STILL are losing business to those who are - You STILL have to deal with competitors ads  all over your listings - You STILL contend with 2nd rate sellers who have better visibility because they pay for it. And if you think ebay is "RECOMMENDING" 10% to 17% Ad Rates for no reason? Well then lets revisit this thread in another year or two, because its not hard to see they are on an obvious mission to make PLs essential...But oh yeah...its optional...hahahaha...wow

So you know what give me that 50/50 consignment ALL DAY LONG over what you are promoting...PLEASE!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Ebay

@pasiya.k wrote:

@pasiya.k 

They're the constant after you sign on to list here and are charged if/when you sell something. Are you considering selling?

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Ebay

@pasiya.k 

Would you be a bit more specific PLEASE.  What about the fees?  Are you asking does it cost to sell on Ebay?  Are you asking what is the fee structure?  What is it that you need to know?  Happy to help, just give us a little direction.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 11
latest reply