cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay should not being charging fees including postage !!

I just was made aware that ebay's fees include the postage. If that isn't robbery what is.  Postage is paid to the us government and Ebay should not be making money off the postage amount.

Buyers need to start speaking up  until they start to be fair.

Message 1 of 101
latest reply
100 REPLIES 100

Re: Ebay should not being charging fees including postage !!

They are not entitled to taking money that I use to ship those items.

They are entitled to calculate your fees however they wish.  Would you be happier if they dropped the FVF on the shipping charged but raised the FVF on the item to 12%?

You, in fact, were probably a winner in this change, since you sell items where the shipping fee is small compared to the cost of the item.

Message 91 of 101
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

The first part of your reply makes no sense.  I use their site to sell the item so, yes, they are entitled to a fee for my sales.  They are not entitled to taking money that I use to ship those items.  Once the sale is completed, their service is done & I move on to shipping the sold item(s).  This is only in place because less than 1% of the sellers tried to rip off eBay with low prices & high S/H fees.  Now the other 99%+ have to pay the price!

You missed the part about encouraging free shipping.   Again, why should an item at $10 with $5 shipping incur a lower FVF that an item at $15 with free shipping?

You also missed the part about fighting a battle you cannot win.

Message 92 of 101
latest reply

It's easy to win - I can just take my business elsewhere.  🙂   Good luck to all sellers.

Message 93 of 101
latest reply

Well you can’t take it to amazon or Etsy because they calculate fees on the total too

Message 94 of 101
latest reply

Walmart Market Place and the one Sears has do too

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

Well you can’t take it to amazon or Etsy because they calculate fees on the total too

Message 95 of 101
latest reply

sakic92710    I dont care if ebay keeps 10% on the total shipping cost as when i buy the stamps to place on the packages, my buying price allows for that 10% loss...So really i dont care that they take another 10%    ... I just bought $200.00 of mint stamps for less than $40  so you wonder why that 10% on shipping does not worry me???

Message 96 of 101
latest reply

Combat it the same way as i do and buy discounted mint stamps from fellow ebay sellers .
If you do a search of discounted mint usa stamps in the ebay heading , your problems of the FVF on the shipping will be covered....
Message 97 of 101
latest reply

YOU WOULD CARE IF YOU WERE SELLER! AS ONE SAID EARLIER, WE WILL JUST ADD THAT COST ON TO YOU, THE BUYER.
Message 98 of 101
latest reply

@oz_in_ohio wrote:

I just bought $200.00 of mint stamps for less than $40  

Where did you do that? Why would anyone sell them below cost?

Message 99 of 101
latest reply

@atikovi wrote:

@oz_in_ohio wrote:

I just bought $200.00 of mint stamps for less than $40  

Where did you do that? Why would anyone sell them below cost?

Doesn't really matter, because it's not repeatable. 

Message 100 of 101
latest reply

goodcatch2:  I totally 100% agree with you. I also am guily of now knowing about this policy until WAY after it was implimented.   I was upset just like you. 

Do you recall in the past seeing listings for expensive items for the sale price of 1 cent + $99 shipping and handling?  I can remember seeing them all the time. Those people were trying to scam ebay by paying fees for the 1 cent product but not paying fees for the $99 shipping and handling.  This was ebay's way to fix that problem. 

I ended up going back and re-pricing my shipping costs to reflect those new fees.  It was a 1 time hassle but everything is back to normal. 

As much as we all like to come on here and complain about ebay, i must confess, ebay has been pretty good to me over the years.

Good luck to you on your selling!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 101 of 101
latest reply