cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay sent me a message that basically gives no real info

I occasionally contact ebay about issues or bugs on their site or something that's affecting my account and they open up a ticket or add me to one and say I may receive email updates on it.

Here's one recent message about an issue I talked to ebay about, I have no idea what issue they are referring to since there is no specific reference to it, not even an SR reference number or anything.

Untitled.png

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

"I have no idea what issue they are referring to since there is no specific reference to it"

I'm in the dark as well.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@iamalwaysright 

lol   at least they are looking forward to hearing from you again on this undefined issue.  They could have ignored you altogether and/or told you to contact Customer (non)support for more assistance with your undefined issue. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It's a form letter.   Generic response.

10 different users with 10 different issues all receive the same generic response.

"Please don't reply to this message"   is a hint that it's sent by a bot. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I don’t even remember the last time I had them open a ticket.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

More AI .... this whole site will be AI soon  lol

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

@iamalwaysright 

lol   at least they are looking forward to hearing from you again on this undefined issue.

So if I don’t contact them again about this undefined issue, it’s like I’m letting them down and they’ll be disappointed?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@janet9988 wrote:

More AI .... this whole site will be AI soon  lol

The good news is it certainly relieves a lot of stress knowing AI's true capabilities shown this way.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

So if I don’t contact them again about this undefined issue, it’s like I’m letting them down and they’ll be disappointed?

@iamalwaysright 

LOL

I think perhaps you will be met with some undefined consequences and other undefined defects against your account. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply