cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay restricted account for "non-authenticity" despite official certificate

I sell brand name stuff. 90% of my items have official certificates of authenticity with QR codes and individual numbers. For the last 6 months they restricted my account about 10 times for the items with certificates. I send them the certificates and they say sorry.  This is it. When I call them, they say it is for another reason. Really??? What reason exactly? No answer. I am so tired of this thing. I am thinking about contacting the National Lawyers Association and go to court. I found one already. Ebay made a huge examination of my account, where they asked about the place where I sent the papers from, in addition to the origins of my items I have for sale. I have proved to Ebay that my business is legit. Who else had the same problems? 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

@brandland 

Sorry to hear of the struggle.

What types of items are causing the issues? 

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Thank you. Louis Vuitton, Chanel wallets and bags.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@brandland wrote:

I sell brand name stuff. 90% of my items have official certificates of authenticity with QR codes and individual numbers. 

Who issued these certificates of authenticity? Were they issued by the designer and provided with the original purchase, or are these from a third party authenticator? 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

They are from authorized company. Realauthentication.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Reason is they are cracking down on a lot of stuff Brand name and if authenticity is involved:

as for "official certificates of authenticity with QR codes and individual numbers"

I do hear their is a good market for the COAs..... and a lot are fake. ( I would not be able to say if one was or was not..)

The rights owners as well as some folks are pushing legislation for the facilitators to verify such items: seems ebay is trying to get ahead of the game...

If you are purchasing such cheap enough to be selling on eBay in volume:

I can see why they would question such...

I take it you have been through the account review as well??

Seeing you are still selling such items: you are for sure doing well with this stuff: a lot are already with the (MC what ever number) restrictions... or to say a forever ban on selling....

I just plain avoid such brand name me self....

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@brandland wrote:

They are from authorized company. Realauthentication.

So they are from a company where you upload pictures to a website, and they authenticate the bag without actually seeing it in person? 

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Yes, my account was reviewed by Ebay 6 month ago. I sent receipts for my stuff and place I bought it from. Everything is legit. I am in this business for the last 13 years and can see if the item is not authentic from 20 feet by myself:) Anyway I order check of authenticity because I don't want to have problems with Ebay but it looks like Ebay sells thousands fake items and don't see them in same time they restrict accounts with authentic stuff.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Ebay never asked me to send the item for an authentication. (they do this aftersale couple times and I shipped with good results, everything is fine). I would be happy to do this if they ask. I provide pictures of item, stamps, hardware zippers outside and inside, stitches etc.  If this companies can't provide real certificates why they are authorized and work many many years? I am selling this stuff 13 years and believe me I can work as authenticity inspector already. I hate fakes and always stand for authenticity!

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Are you getting notices from VERO or is eBay taking them down without a complaint from VERO?

If I were you I would ask to have this thread transferred to the Fashion board as they may be able to help you.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Fashion/bd-p/fashion

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Do not relist until the matter is resolved.

If a VeRO take down you can fight it, as you have a legal right to resell an authentic legally obtained item as long as you don't otherwise infringe on the owner's rights. However, if this wasn't a VeRO complaint, but an ebay take down, you have a problem.

Ebay appears to be doing more and more of this sort of thing against sellers of various products without giving them any recourse whatsoever to appeal it. The best you could do is have your attorney send a letter to ebay's legal department, but hardly worth it for a single item.

Obviously ebay is trying to protect against counterfeits, but at times seems to not be applying the take downs fairly to all sellers. I suspect if this practice continues to escalate, some public advocate or news group is going to call them out on it.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Thank you. There are no complaints from VERO. Only Ebay.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

LV, Chanel, those are tough products to be involved with due to so many counterfeits.

The honest sellers end up paying as well.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Problems can be different and one of them is that they give vague formulations and this gives them the ability to manipulate. Is there such an association of lawyers? I also have a few questions for lawyers. My store was closed by Ebay, but my design ends up being sold by other sellers on Ebay.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Don't know about other sellers' counterfeits, my stuff is checked not only by authenticators but customs as well. 100% authentic.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply