cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay resolution Center unfair to sellers.

I listed an item on ebay that is at least 20  years old.  I listed it as  "mint" because it is.  Mint measn relatively  perfect  which is almost perfect, not perfect.  There was a small spot on which I never even saw.  Well the buyer said I misrepresented the item and I most certainly did not.  I have tried to appeal their ruling I can find no way to  appeal..  I am going to get off ebay because of this unfairness and never use it again.  If the appeals board had actually looked at the pictures they would have seen I did not misrepresent the item.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Ebay resolution Center unfair to sellers.

" I listed it as "mint" because it is. Mint measn relatively perfect which is almost perfect, not perfect."

Mint is MINT. New condition. Perfect. As in a freshly minted coin.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 34
latest reply

OP the purse is beautiful - I love Dooney but I never list anything as mint.

On Ebay - you underplay the condition so that buyers won't quibble about that little mark you missed and will be overjoyed they received such a wonderful item.   

You really need to put more in your description - color - material - dimensions - strap drop ect... Having a complete description would have gotten you more money.

Many serious buyers will pass that by as there wasn't enough information describing the item.

On Ebay - there really isn't a "No Return" policy except for exceptional sellers who know how to battle the system and few of us do - if you accept returns - you'd have a bigger buyer pool.

A lot of buyers steer away from listings with little information, no sizes or dimensions, a no return policy and reserves on item price.

You'll learn - it takes time and you have to read the boards because you will find invaluble information here. At least one of us has been in almost any scenerio a person can think of. Ebay is a learning in process - you get smarter the more you sell - or hopefully you will if you follow advice here!

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

For the reason of pickiness (not that I agree with your definition of "mint"), I list all coins that are not in capsules free of tarnish (or graded by our shop's appraiser, which is described as "his opinion of the coin's condition), I just say "circulated". I sell a lot of beautiful looking "circulated" coins, that means lots of happy customers who think it's better when they receive it.

If you underpromise what you sell, you will have almost zero complaints over condition.

Cheers, C.

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

You have such talent...wisdom is blisk...love how you stated the facts...perfect...she'll come back...a little challenge isn't enough to scare one away...yes MINT is a word used very little here...absolutely no blumishes...GUC is a really great place to start when you are new...6 sales the buyer knows what they can do...Yes return gleefully...fore sure...nice advice...you are so good tunicaslot!

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

Mint condition means no flaws, nearly mint means there is some kind of small flaw to be expected. No matter what you put, a buyer can always disagree. Condition is subjective to many.

Sometimes I disagree condition is subjective. People will list books as very good or good condition when it has stains and dirt on the front cover, the back cover falling off, and enough stains on the pages to make you ill. 

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

"...nearly mint means there is some kind of small flaw to be expected."

--------

fwiw,

"nearly mint" is Keyword Spamming.

It's either Mint, or it's Not.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

When you file an appeal you have to call. If you listed an item without describing any imperfections unfortunately a buyer can file a request.  If I was you I would refunded the buyer and asked them to return. Most likely the buyer was looking for a refund and to keep item, if what ur saying is the case. Next time always remember eBay sides with a buyer in these instances especially if it wasnt stated in the listing [other than stating mint condition ]. You have to always state any imperfections or defects to protect yourself.  Good luck. 

@margarelariso_0 wrote:

I listed an item on ebay that is at least 20  years old.  I listed it as  "mint" because it is.  Mint measn relatively  perfect  which is almost perfect, not perfect.  There was a small spot on which I never even saw.  Well the buyer said I misrepresented the item and I most certainly did not.  I have tried to appeal their ruling I can find no way to  appeal..  I am going to get off ebay because of this unfairness and never use it again.  If the appeals board had actually looked at the pictures they would have seen I did not misrepresent the item.

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

@margarelariso_0 wrote:

I listed an item on ebay that is at least 20  years old.  I listed it as  "mint" because it is.  Mint measn relatively  perfect  which is almost perfect, not perfect.  

If your argument is that "mint" and "not perfect" are interchangeable, you won't get any sympathy from me. 

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

@18704d wrote:

"...nearly mint means there is some kind of small flaw to be expected."

--------

fwiw,

"nearly mint" is Keyword Spamming.

It's either Mint, or it's Not.

Lynn

Unless it's "Minty" LOL

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

@margarelariso_0 wrote:

@margarelariso_0

I know you are upset and I feel for you.  But mint means perfect, pristine, not relatively perfect, adn this is where things went wrong.  Since there was a spot on it, it was not mint, and that made it misrepresented.  If it makes you feel better, which it probably doesn't, had you appealed, with what you have stated here, it would change nothing.  Sorry.  Condition is very important, and when you say mint, people expect mint, perfect.

Did you check your pictures well?  While many cases are decided by bots,  it is possible they did look at the pictures; the buyer may have called them and pointed out the mark in the pictures.  Or he/she provided their own pictures in the case.

Don't let this get you down.

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

@margarelariso_0 wrote:

@margarelariso_0

TOP DEFINITION
A condition where something is perfect or as if it was originally manufactured.

A state where something has no flaws.
Example
Selling a mint condition iPhone! Has no flaws, abrasions or scratches!
Message 12 of 34
latest reply

@zac*casey*dent wrote:

When you file an appeal you have to call. If you listed an item without describing any imperfections unfortunately a buyer can file a request.  If I was you I would refunded the buyer and asked them to return. Most likely the buyer was looking for a refund and to keep item, if what ur saying is the case. Next time always remember eBay sides with a buyer in these instances especially if it wasnt stated in the listing [other than stating mint condition ]. You have to always state any imperfections or defects to protect yourself.  Good luck. 

I HOPE you mean have the buyer return first and then refund. Never, EVER refund before a return, unless you don't want the item back.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 13 of 34
latest reply

I agree castlemagic
Message 14 of 34
latest reply

@margarelariso_0 wrote:

So, then it wasn't mint?

Message 15 of 34
latest reply