cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay open offer function not working?

I get a lot of these, but the latest one, when I went to respond was missing the response sections.  All it showed was the offer.  Anyone else experience this?  Checked it in two browsers.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Ebay open offer function not working?

Click inside the big box on the left of the page with the buyer id in it on the page that is supposed to have the buttons your looking for.  Dumbest thing I have seen them do in awhile.  Plus it is a secret.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Not a secret! 😝

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Well what do you call it.  nothing on the announcement board, if you call ebay help, if you can get through they never heard of it.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I just wonder why they would do this when sales have not been good as it is? To make a change like this where one cannot accept an offer is beyond me. I also got an offer I could not accept or figure out how to. The accept or reject buttons were not there.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Click inside the big box on the left of the page with the buyer id in it on the page that is supposed to have the buttons your looking for.  Dumbest thing I have seen them do in awhile.  Plus it is a secret.  I am not kidding.  Go to the box and click in the blank area in the box and it works.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

By golly, Tripper is right - I clicked on the blank space in that box and sure enough the rest of the page showed up with the accept offer button.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Thanks very much.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Do they have special meetings where they come with insane ideas to make stuff worse?

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

They took a cue from video games and the concept of "nose navigation" where you run your game character into everything to look for secrets, gold, etc. (Return to Castle Wolfenstein, etc)

The idea here is that you need to click every spot on every eBay page to find the "hidden gold" 🙂

I don't have any open offers, but I'm guessing I'm going to have serious problems with the new method in my old Firefox 3.6 browser. Assuming it's going to be one of their new json, ajax, or whatever things (that I haven't sussed out yet) that fail hard in older browsers (like the Purchase history page, shipping label history page, seller dashboard. new SYI form, bulk editor, etc)

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

we are having the same problem..we have 44 pending that we cannot respond to..we talked to ebay and they said they were working on the problem..we don't understand why they are messing around and changing some thing that already works..ebay has been alerting sellers about them making changes starting in june and thats scary when there mimi computer experts need something to do

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@lannyharding Someone posted this screenshot - see if this works for you

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Great - the pic disn't post

newBO.png

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Same thing here.  Was happening intermittently last week and now all the time.  I've had to email the offerers and revise the purchase prices for them but losing sales even so.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Thanks everyone - I was having the same issue. I was in tears trying to figure it out for over an hour!!!!

Message 15 of 15
latest reply