cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay literally told me that it doesn't matter if the buyer pees on my item and breaks it!!

I'll start by saying I'm a top rated seller with a 5 star item as described rating. I've been using Ebay for about 18 years and now I'm done as of today. I just deleted all of my auctions and my store.

If you list ANY return policy in your auction and it is a High Value Item by Ebay standards you need to know that Ebay will literally tell you that any buyer and seller communication is irrelevant and you must accept a return that was initiated as "Not as described" regardless of the return situation and that the Return Item Condition Policy will no longer apply if the buyer escalates the dispute. Ebay told me that even if the buyer admits in a message that they dropped the item or peed on it that I must take it back if the buyer clicked not as described within the return period and escalates the case. The buyer spent 5 days misusing my golf simulator with incompatible hardware that even my children could understand was not compatible. Ebay literally refused to take any evidence into account. They actually told me they only will review information that Ebay themselves requested and since they didn't request anything, they won't even review the buyers own messages of improper usage the subitted through the Ebay messaging system.

I sold a Skytrak golf launch monitor on Ebay, $2,000 item, it tracks the flight of real golf balls hit with a real club. I put returns are accepted only if it arrives non-functional. The unit sits about 8-10" from where you place the ball and forward from it, so you can understand why I wouldn't want returns after use. The buyer received the item and thanked me for sending it so quickly, so I know it arrived ok. After 5 days I get a random request for return saying the product wouldn't sync with their Ipad and there was a delay after hitting the ball before it showed on the screen.

When I asked which Ipad they were using they replied an Iphone 6s, which is clearly not an Ipad and listed as non compatible with the Skytrak on the manufacturers site. Then when the buyer was told the Iphone was not compatible, they changed their answer to an "Ipad 2016", well there is no model called an Ipad 2016 and none of the models made in 2016 are compatible with the Skytrak. After 5 days of misuse with incompatible hardware I'm now responsible for $35 return shipping and I have to accept the item and return the buyers funds regardless of the item condition. I made no claims of compatibility in my auction other than mentioning that it was previously used with an IPad Air 2 which is on the list of approved devices. BTW, the Skytrak processes nothing, it just takes pictures. The hardware attached to it processes everything and is responsible for the delay and processing the ball flight data into an image.

After the buyer clearly admitting they used incompatible hardware with my hardware and I provided clear proof to Ebay that the buyer voided the manufacturers warranty, I don't see why I'm forced to accept a return when the item also met everything as described. The buyer also admitted to buyers remorse when they tried to blame me for selling something they found "difficult to use" Ebays Money Back Guarantee policy specifically says buyers remorse isnt covered. Which one is it I asked the buyer.... are you returning it because it's difficult for you personally to use or because it's not syncing and broken...no answer. I didn't know I needed to offer an IQ test in my auctions and returns would be forced due to lack of intellect. Not my fault if you don't research something before you buy it for compatibility. A buyer shouldn't be able to buy a PS4 System and then return it for not meeting item as described when their Xbox games don't play properly in it. But Ebay told me that indeed I would be responsible for that return and have to pay return cost as well. Ebay told me that it's just the risk of me doing business with them that I have to accept a return in any condition the buyer returns it and they'll still take the refund out of my account.

At the end of the day, if you want your auction to count towards your Top rated seller or Powerseller rating, then you are required to list a return policy. So just know that you'll then have to accept the return for any reason, even misuse or someone peeing on it. I'm not even asking them to take my word for it on the misuse, the buyers clearly stated it on their own. The sellers you would think Ebay counted on the most the ones with the least protection and they least care about apparently. I have far more proof of the buyers wrong doing and about 10 screenshots worth of evidence. I even have proof from the manufacturer that they tested the item just prior to the buyer receiving it. But Ebay won't even read it, or anything else. I literally can't find one term of condition the buyer met to qualify for this return or that I did incorrectly (other than offering a return at all). I'm scared to death that the real reason this is coming back is because they blasted the until with a ball and damaged something inside(it uses real balls and clubs).

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Ebay literally told me that it doesn't matter if the buyer pees on my item and breaks it!!

It's not just this, I tried E-bays # cannot get any info if I do not know the extension #. Here we are paying for a service that doesn't answer our questions??????????? What are we doin here?? I have had enough of going around in circles to get non paid items or Live up to their aspects as far as my "Seller Dash Board" to make a quota. I have had enough of Bull@@@ . I quit my store because of my husband illness and could not put up 250 items, so I opt to just list 50 items. I have had a customer that cancelled, then bid, says she wanted me to cancell again, and in 5 minutes bid again on an item. That was $170.00. No payment!!!  I think it's time to stand for our rights as  a seller, and say "NO MORE BULL!"

I say to you all "MAKE A STAND WITH ME AND SAY NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY WILL GET PAID WHEN WE DO! I have been on ebay for a least 5 years, I closed my store Today.  Please let me know, how you feel and what action can be taken. I am at my wits ends. pdakotagems@aol.com.

Message 46 of 52
latest reply

Re: Ebay literally told me that it doesn't matter if the buyer pees on my item and breaks it!!

" I have had a customer that cancelled, then bid, says she wanted me to cancell again, and in 5 minutes bid again on an item. That was $170.00. No payment!!!  I think it's time to stand for our rights as  a seller, and say "NO MORE BULL!"

Are you not aware of the BBL & how to open & close a UPI?

Message 47 of 52
latest reply

@Anonymous

Zombie thread

Message 48 of 52
latest reply

@tev4all wrote:

@Anonymous

Zombie thread

And the story was going so well. I think the peeing on something just caught my eye.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 49 of 52
latest reply

@tev4all wrote:

@Anonymous

Zombie thread

@tev4all

I am aware of that.

However I was replying to a NEW poster on the thread.

Message 50 of 52
latest reply

Yes, zombie....but we all can see that nothing has changed,  

Message 51 of 52
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 52 of 52
latest reply