cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay kinda sucks

Ebay doesn't protect it's sellers at all. I've had a fraudulent review on my account for 45 days and nothing has been done to remove it. So I now sell on a different platform. Ebay can't make a dime off of me now and it's pretty sad they don't respect the seller from protecting themselves from fraud and scammers.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Ebay kinda sucks

No, I have not been in communication with either buyer or seller.

However, since the seller has described theFB as fraudulent, and, since I read the FB in question, as well as the original listing, I assumed what I posted.  Feel free to either call me out or investigate further on your own.  

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

@wer1collectibles wrote:

Ebay doesn't protect it's sellers at all. I've had a fraudulent review on my account for 45 days and nothing has been done to remove it. So I now sell on a different platform. Ebay can't make a dime off of me now and it's pretty sad they don't respect the seller from protecting themselves from fraud and scammers.

Of course this happens all the time online and in retail.  eBay had no way of knowing anything as they are not part of the fulfillment process.  That said, the 87.5% looks very bad to any prospect buyer.  The seller apparently has had 21 transactions so one gone awry "should" look like 95.n%.  This is where the feedback system fails IMHO as it doesn't really display a seller or for that matter buyer metric. IMHO the FB system hurts eBay as a whole, their revenues, sellers, buyers etc.   I mean as an aside a handshake or slam after a sale is what it is but it's not something that is informative enough to gauge a seller nor buyers activities.

Considering safety of online transacting is likely to become regulated in the not so far future for many valid and invalid reasons IMHO a better/safer mechanism of measuring performance on both sides of transacting is warranted.  It's not difficult to do either as the data already exists within eBay for both buyers and sellers transacting histories respective.  No 3P sales venues do this, they don't display transacting history metrics and for consumer/seller confidence they'd be a real boost and very very press release and advertising valuable not to mention perhaps helping stave off legislative wolves.

Sellers whom engage in follies be they big or small would now have such things displayed and buyers who engage in follies would quickly see rejections of orders.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

How does eBay know exactly what the buyer received?  They have no idea if the buyer is trying to scam you or if you sent out the wrong item. In situations like that they assume that the buyer is correct.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

My apologies. Not meaning to "call you out", but we have no way of knowing which end the problem is on. Scammers, at least not good ones, don't bring attention to themselves by posting negative feedback about a purchase.

The point of my, lack of good judgement post, was...........................  we don't have any idea which end the problem was on 😁 

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

I don't know what you're talking about. I did send the return and they rejected to return the phone. So I'm trying to figure out why is their negative feedback not been removed. Ebay does not protect the sellers. They allowed this to be done and didn't remove it. Regardless of it maybe they did me a favor. I don't have to worry about their silly fees anymore 

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

@wer1collectibles wrote:

Regardless of it maybe they did me a favor. I don't have to worry about their silly fees anymore 

Did you used to worry about ebay's "silly fees"?

How come you listed something for sale knowing ebay has silly fees?

In any case i'm glad everything worked out well for you.

You no longer have to worry about ebay's silly fees.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 21 of 23
latest reply

If it makes you feel better, they don't protect buyers either. 

I have fought way too many times to try to get an item I paid for. eBay does nothing. I now use AMEX and they just return the money to me and fight it out with eBay.

eBay also does not protect Buyers from Sellers from canceling bids. I have had more then 15 cancelations in the last month. "Item lost" or "No longer available", yet there is the item up for bid again in a new listing. 

I came back to eBay from a year lapse of bidding. Now I will take another break. If I need something I will just Buy it Now (if it is way cheaper than Amazon/Walmart), or if that isn't available, just purchase it off Amazon or Temu where Buyers are treated correctly. It is simply a waste of time to bid on something that you may or may not receive or have a bid canceled.  I also have had much better experience on the other "auction" site.  Bids get honored and items are actually delivered.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

I agree with you, eBay does suck. For many reasons. I only list things here because sometimes, things still sell without paying the PL extortion. When you post here just to say eBay sucks and you were wronged and you're leaving, the shills will come out of the woodwork to minimize your post. They follow the same playbook of "OK, c-ya, bye, good luck, etc" while also trying to blame you instead of acknowledging that in many ways, yes, eBay does suck. Certain names here, I don't even read what they post, just scroll right past.

Posts like yours would better serve the cause on social media and video channels and such. eBay knows not many people come to these forums and there is a dedicated crew in place to disparage you. Of course, there are shills on youtube and social media too, but they are a minority.

I will give you one criticism though - your photos on the listing that led to the negative are horrible. It isn't difficult to do better, so you should. If you sent the item in that photo, that is definitely a stylo 4 and not a G. Sucks that you dropped to 87% FB over a $20 item and bottom of the barrel buyer.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply