cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay keeps removing and restoring and removing my listings.

Ebay keeps removing my listings, claiming they are prescription only.  I keep appealing and having them restored because the policy mentions the brand by name as an exception because it is an OTC product.   Customer service made suggestions (such as adding the NADA# even though it wasn't required, etc.), and I've done everything, and they keep saying don't worry, it won't happen again... But it does. 

How do I talk to someone that can actually make a difference with this?

Thank you! 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Ebay keeps removing and restoring and removing my listings.

That is very helpful.  I'm only relisting when the appeal goes through and I get the email saying that everything has been restored, so we are still just getting warnings and not penalized.  Unfortunately we have very little control over when the appeal goes through and the items get relisted.  Today I couldn't even get into a chat until about an hour ago to make an appeal because ebay was only offering the option to email them. This is ridiculous. 

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Only thing I can suggest would try to offload it on mercari or Facebook marketplace. This is what I am doing for items that get taken down no matter how we word or adjust listings.

At least on other platforms, if the brand name gets it removed off Mercari or specific ingredients in the title.

You can try what I do is putting those keywords in the hashtag area. That way when people search for a keyword or brand name, it will pop up your item in those results and it won't get removed as quickly.

This is all based off my experience, no means saying that it is 100% foolproof.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

****Update****

This was posted Thursday.  Thursday evening, one listing was restored and has stayed now through the weekend.  The 2 losing on my other account were restored Friday morning and are still up.  There are 3 more listings on my 'main' account still pending appeal. I'm not sure if they have finally fixed it, or if this is a temporary reprieve, but it's been a relief to be selling those products again so  if we do end up screwed we aren't sitting on as much stock. 

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

The rest of my listings won their appeals this morning and all listings have stayed up so far.

Moral of the story: appeal appeal appeal if you have good evidence! 

Message 19 of 19
latest reply