cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay has told me that I am not visible

I had only two sales during March and view and watches really did not move.  I thought at first, it might be just economy, tax season, Easter, etc.  I called Ebay about 10 days ago the first time.  I was on the phone probably 45 minutes or so.  The representative checked and told me my items were not visible and she was going to put in a tech report and it should be cleared up within two day.  Two days came and went and Mondy, 4/2/18, I called again and the representative said that the listings still were not visible and he said he put another request into tech service and I should wait 3 -7 days for results.  Now, I am a top rated seller, power seller (probably not now) and no prior problems of this nature.  So the question is is just a bunch of **bleep** from Ebay, is there actually a problem with the visibility on my listings that they are trying to solve or is this their way of getting rid of smaller sellers or something I haven't thought of.  If you were in my shoes, what would you do and think.   Thanks for any input.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

I did a search for your first two items listed - new.

Both are visible with the first listing currently at the no 1 spot and the second item at no 5..

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

I just checked out a couple of your listings - the search was for "handmade beaded bracelet tibetan silver". You're on the first page - position #23 for me - but there are over 1200 items in best search. Only 158 have sold within the past 90 days and most were priced lower than yours and with free shipping. 

The trend for these bracelets may be over and fewer people are buying them.

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

I have many items on there that was put on days ago, that have no views. Maybe they are working on the issue. I hope so.
Message 4 of 31
latest reply

All I know is that two representatives have told me that many of my listing were not visible. This was not a gradual decline, I feel off the cliff suddenly in March after nearly 4 years of status quo. Thanks for the info.
Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Unfortunately you're selling any flooded market.
Message 6 of 31
latest reply

@lakotakwrote:
All I know is that two representatives have told me that many of my listing were not visible. This was not a gradual decline, I feel off the cliff suddenly in March after nearly 4 years of status quo. Thanks for the info.

People on here tend not to believe anything that customer support says ... if customer support tells them something they don't want to hear.

But people on here tend to believe everything that customer support says ... if customer support tells them something they want to hear.

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

I didn't say I believed customer support, that is why I posed the questions, to see what others thought.
Message 8 of 31
latest reply

I'm seeing your items as well. What happens when you search yourself, can you not see them? 

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Clicking on your listings I see 50.

When I do an exact wording search I see your listings; when I start dropping words from your title, I see your listings, but buried deeper and deeper, the more words I chop off the end, the more other listings show like hundreds, thousands. They are there.

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 10 of 31
latest reply

Well, at least they are visible apparently. I'll go with this for now. Thanks for looking. i guess I will see what happens in a month or so and go from there.
Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Do you "Promote" your items?
SAD but TRUE Giving ebay a larger cut will buy you more visibility.
We are all fighting to be seen against all the "Promoted" listings.
Also check your "defects" relating to shipping & returns-
One of our TOP stores was DEVASTATED / DESTROYED by ebay because "late shipping" policy changes took place while the store used vacay setting ( family terminal illness).
They removed 1200 listings and essentially ENDED the store visibility.
NO AMOUNT of calling could fix it.
With almost perfect feedback ebay killed that store with it's policies.
Sorry to get off track.
Asking others to look for your ads is a good idea and do try to cram them full of good hot search words.
Good luck

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Thanks, sorry ebay did this to that particular store. I have had no late shipping, have not had 1 in the last nearly 4 years, no returns, except maybe on in the past 4 years, a couple of years ago. I guess I will try the promoted listings again, not much luck with them. Again, thanks for your suggestions.
Message 13 of 31
latest reply

Funny...I searched your items for visibility, now I'm getting emails from ebay showing some are ending. lol  

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

Yes, I do have a few that are going to be renewed. Wonder why they are sending you e-mails. Is this something new that ebay has added when you search an item?
Message 15 of 31
latest reply