cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay has to get it's act together, please!

First of all, sales are absolutely abysmal. It feels like a waste of time listing anything. I just get a headache and upset stomach evertime I list now. I just looked at all my listings and now many show multiple watchers, but no views. Is that even possible? I think spending any more money for mechandise to sell is just throwing good money after bad. I feel like I could get stuck with a bunch of stuff that is unsaleable, even though 90% plus is good quality. I know, I know, check you photos, work on titles, buy other things beside clothing, lower the price, check whats in demand. It is just too much trouble and too many hoops to jump through for the pathetic payoff. Easier ways to make some extra money, with less grief. I am afraid the party is over. 

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Ebay has to get it's act together, please!

There are a lot of site changes going on now and that usually suppresses sales.

Message 31 of 42
latest reply

There are a lot of site changes going on and that usually suppresses sales.

Message 32 of 42
latest reply

If I owned Ebay, just for profits, I maybe do the same thing it did.... LOL.
The buyer has 1000 options to buy, however, the seller has only a few options, like Ebay, Amazon and Craigslist? So, would you do everything possible to please the buyers and careless about the sellers.
Message 33 of 42
latest reply

Yes, yes and yes. I KNOW it is hidden from certain areas because I ask people on here in other States if they SEE my listing. They do not. You figure that one out emerald. My listing was first BTW, and superior in all ways to his. Paid for 2 categories at the beginning too. I sold them quite well in the beginning, then they died off. He still sells some of his. Mine are better. My ad is better. My price is better, my pictures are better, etc.....

If you are selling so much and everything is going swimmingly for you, why are you here postings hundreds of posts about how good eBay is going? Tell us Dear how you are making a fortune here. You are a top poster (here), I would rather be a top seller and not come here looking for answers, real answers.

I believe I found my answer this weekend 🙂 Going full forwards with it too.
Message 34 of 42
latest reply

My sales history tells me this month is typically slow we are weathering the storm LOL!!.

For me it pickups up in July and peaks in August  to October. I would just go to the beach maybe run a promotion send a email campaign.

Michael Stubblebine
Message 35 of 42
latest reply

@lovefindingtreasures2 wrote:
Yes, yes and yes. I KNOW it is hidden from certain areas because I ask people on here in other States if they SEE my listing. They do not. You figure that one out emerald. My listing was first BTW, and superior in all ways to his. Paid for 2 categories at the beginning too. I sold them quite well in the beginning, then they died off. He still sells some of his. Mine are better. My ad is better. My price is better, my pictures are better, etc.....

If you are selling so much and everything is going swimmingly for you, why are you here postings hundreds of posts about how good eBay is going? Tell us Dear how you are making a fortune here. You are a top poster (here), I would rather be a top seller and not come here looking for answers, real answers.

I believe I found my answer this weekend 🙂 Going full forwards with it too.

We are all from different states.  Has anyone here said they could not see your items?

I post on a buyer's account.  I do not bring my selling account onto this discussion board.  When I mention how I am doing I am realistic.  Ebay is a great supplement for fun stuff, but could never live off it. 

As for being a top poster, I do not sugar coat it.  I also do not point an automatic finger at ebay.  I am giving you real answers, not "poor seller, you are doing everything right, and ebay is doing everything wrong.  You are never to blame."  Is that what you want to hear, whether it is accurate or not?

As for your comparison of his sales to yours, by your own admission his sales have diminished as well.  But he still has loyal customers where you do not.  

But getting back to your post, what do you think is hidden?

Maybe posters could then indicate where in the US they live and whether or not they can see your item?

Message 36 of 42
latest reply

I've got a counterargument for all of those people who claim that eBay somehow "hides" their listings from potential buyers.  That Tales of Vesperia keychain I just sold yesterday?  I had it listed for over a year with no bites.  The price was reasonable and the game was fairly popular, but no one was buying.  Sounds like a classic case of a listing being hidden, right?

Well, just yesterday they announced a 10th anniversary rerelease of the game, and within two hours of that announcement, the keychain sold.  Clearly there was nothing keeping potential buyers from finding it if they wanted it; they just needed that spark of interest to decide to buy.

Message 37 of 42
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

I've got a counterargument for all of those people who claim that eBay somehow "hides" their listings from potential buyers.  That Tales of Vesperia keychain I just sold yesterday?  I had it listed for over a year with no bites.  The price was reasonable and the game was fairly popular, but no one was buying.  Sounds like a classic case of a listing being hidden, right?

Well, just yesterday they announced a 10th anniversary rerelease of the game, and within two hours of that announcement, the keychain sold.  Clearly there was nothing keeping potential buyers from finding it if they wanted it; they just needed that spark of interest to decide to buy.

I have found very few incidences where no one on here could find a seller's listing.

And yes I agree with you.  All it takes is an anniversary, a rerelease, a death, even an ebay 20% off for someone to buy that long tail item.

Message 38 of 42
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@yuzuha wrote:

I have found very few incidences where no one on here could find a seller's listing.

And yes I agree with you.  All it takes is an anniversary, a rerelease, a death, even an ebay 20% off for someone to buy that long tail item.

Exactly.  If there is demand for an item and the price is right, buyers will find it and buy it.  I've seen this demonstrated over and over again from my own personal experience-- many times I've listed something "hot" only to have it sell within a few hours of being listed, which tells me that eBay isn't doing anything to hide listings from buyers.

Heck, back when the sequel to Xenoblade was first announced, I was buying up copies of the original game from my local GameStop and listing them here only to have them sell within 24 hours because of the amount of hype that was being generated for the game.  It only lasted for about a month before it died down, but I cashed in on it while it was still going!

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

I just saw it with another seller who is claiming no sales.

Checked a few of her items, and she is priced higher for the same exact item.

There seems to be a trend here for those who are having lackluster sales.

Chances are it is clothes or collectibles.

And their prices are higher than others.

Message 40 of 42
latest reply

Yep.  I'm going out to my storage unit tomorrow to dig out the rest of my Tales of Vesperia stuff, and possibly some of my Kingdom Hearts stuff too.  We'll see how they do given how high the hype is currently running for those two games after the announcements at E3 yesterday.  I also have some stuff to list (more keychains) from a cell phone game that just came out in English and so is currently very popular.  I suspect all of these things will sell well once I get them up.

Message 41 of 42
latest reply

It wasn't just you. For a few days, there was some glitch with the ads where there were watchers but no views on items. That's why I don't trust their stats. They can change on a moment's notice. When their servers decide to act up.

@goldrushfinds wrote:

First of all, sales are absolutely abysmal. It feels like a waste of time listing anything. I just get a headache and upset stomach evertime I list now. I just looked at all my listings and now many show multiple watchers, but no views. Is that even possible? I think spending any more money for mechandise to sell is just throwing good money after bad. I feel like I could get stuck with a bunch of stuff that is unsaleable, even though 90% plus is good quality. I know, I know, check you photos, work on titles, buy other things beside clothing, lower the price, check whats in demand. It is just too much trouble and too many hoops to jump through for the pathetic payoff. Easier ways to make some extra money, with less grief. I am afraid the party is over. 

Message 42 of 42
latest reply