cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay has removed FB and Ratings for BUYERS AND SELLERS that you trade with !!!

SO you may not all know but EBay has removed Feedback and Ratings from those you trade with. You will only see Where they are located and number of FB... WHAT ??  You can no longer Buy From or Sell to Someone knowing what kind of buyer or seller they are.  This is Insane. If a Seller has hundreds of Negatives or very low ratings you will not know this and will purchase at your own peril. If a Buyer has left 100 NEGS. for stupid reasons you will not know that and Sell at your own peril. We need to fight this and have it back the way it was.  Ebay What are you Thinking !!!

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Ebay has removed FB and Ratings for BUYERS AND SELLERS that you trade with !!!

Private FB has nothing to do with this read the answers above they are correct.

Message 31 of 47
latest reply

Re: Ebay has removed FB and Ratings for BUYERS AND SELLERS that you trade with !!!

Nothing to do with Public or Private read upper answers for the corect answers. You have to do more clicking now to see FB and Ratings.

Message 32 of 47
latest reply

Like most changes on eBay, what was once an easy one click deal now takes navigation , scrolling and multiple clicks.

This results in waste of time, energy, causing frustration...BUT, also most importantly  DISTRUST.

This change appears as a half-witted attempt to hide the feedback profile from the user.

Why would they do that?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Users don't want to deal with people with horrible feedback.

Take the time to do the thumbs down survey and list all the reasons that this change is not the best in the world.

Message 33 of 47
latest reply

thank you for the information. I'm amazed how some members stay on top of eBay changes! I don't remember getting such an option but that is okay. I operate under one I.D. Nothing to hide. 

Message 34 of 47
latest reply

AND when I called Cust. Service to ask about it even THEY did not know about the change. So How much does ebay want us to find this info ?? They just hope no one finds it and the selling goes on even if you re selling to a buyer who has left a hundred Negs for their sellers.

Message 35 of 47
latest reply

Just interested what does having one ID have to do with this topic ??

Message 36 of 47
latest reply

Wow... I thought this was real until I just search a few items and see the feedback, the listings, and the comments. Please don't make things up here, too many will start to believe it.

Message 37 of 47
latest reply

Interesting, I just did the same (searched, clicked an item, clicked on the seller's name) and like you I was sent straight to their full profile including feedback (all on one page) like normal.  However, try this: go to your messages and click on the name of any BUYER who has written to you.  What you get is this new, almost blank page with just their 'about' info.  If you want to see their feedback you have to click a tab for that.  And even then it's not the normal feedback page --to see THAT, you have to click on the numbers under the feedback headings.  

From previous posts in this thread, the same thing happens when you try to see the feedback of bidders.  So it seems that ebay is not trying to hide sellers' feedback, but just buyers'.  I'll let somebody else speculate on the 'why' of that.  

But here's what's really weird.  Clicking on various member names on messages in my inbox, I can't even figure out how the software KNOWS which is which, but it sure appears to.  Conversations I had with other sellers, their names send me straight to the normal full profile/feedback page, whereas buyers who wrote to ask for discounts or whatever (even one that didnt' mention money, just asking if I have a kind of item available) --they go to this goofy new clickalicious profile thing. But lots of sellers are also buyers!   My only guess is the software uses the criteria of who-contacted-who first.   

Here are screenshots of what it looks like when you want to check out a buyer. 

A0A74FCD-A509-4CF1-9FBF-DAF91FF1710F_1_201_a.jpeg

498E8848-429F-42BD-A076-75B8D0BEBECA_1_201_a.jpeg

4ED5B2D6-2AB0-41CF-8477-9CE85188EBDB_1_201_a.jpeg

Message 38 of 47
latest reply

PLEASE Read the thread before making statements such as this. We Said : Concerning Items of yours that have a bid you used to be able to click on the bidder and see their FB and Ratings, No More. You now have to ckick in that page on FEEDBACK to see their FB and Ratings and Ebay has not bothered to tell anybody about it. Got it Now ?

Message 39 of 47
latest reply

See Explanation below

Message 40 of 47
latest reply

when I called Cust. Service to ask about it even THEY did not know about the change.

@rubyk06 

You phoned?

Those phone clerks are poorly trained and work for a sub-contractor not for eBay.

The social media Chats are covered by eBay employees.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

Message 41 of 47
latest reply

@pep wrote:

SO you may not all know but EBay has removed Feedback and Ratings from those you trade with. You will only see Where they are located and number of FB... WHAT ?? 

Didn't read the replies so if this was already addressed you can ignore this post.

eBay changed the layout of the profile page. You can click on the feedback tab to see a brief (useless) summary of FB, or you can click on someone's FB number to see "classic" feedback which includes the search function and filters for buyer/seller FB, etc.

newprofile-feedback.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 42 of 47
latest reply

@coolections 

Nothing is made up.  You need to read this whole thread and understand where and when this is happening.  Has nothing to do with searching an item.   I'm sure since so many of us are seeing it that it is "real". 

Message 43 of 47
latest reply

I made sure I gave this a thumbs down and answered the questions on the survey!  This is crazy!

Screenshot 2022-09-26 180230.png

Message 44 of 47
latest reply

Yes I did as well.  Not that it will make any difference what we like or don't like.  

Message 45 of 47
latest reply