cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay greed

Ebay is really getting greedy. They charge 12.9% of the selling price but they also include the cost of the shipping . How greedy can you get.  I am going to stop selling on Ebay.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Ebay greed

The OP only has one more set of overpriced Christmas lights then be done.  And to think they are complaining about the overpriced fees Ebay charges.

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

You've been selling this long and didn't know you were paying the fee on the shipping also?

You're going to carp your pants when you find out they charge you the same fee on the sales tax the buyers pay.

Have a great day.
Message 17 of 29
latest reply

Don't forget that the you and the IRS will get a 1099 form for total money received 600.oo and over. This is a law that was passed by Congress under the Trump administration too.  So if you leave, you still have to add your revenue from ebay sales.  Remember, you pay taxes on any profit after DEDUCTING all of your expenses related to selling.

Also, your account can't be technically closed until 6 months AFTER your last sold item is delivered!  Ebay wants to make sure that the buyer is totally happy.

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

You have been active since 2006 and are just now figuring this out??  

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

Well... gah..ah..ah.. leeee

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

I'm always slightly surprised when someone is shocked to find out a major corporation is greedy. It's in the job description. Corporate greed...the words even go together. 

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

So stop complaining and start raising some prices to cover your fees.

Right, so eBay can make even more by applying their FVF to the prices that were raised in order to cover the fees.

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

@rabbit1949 wrote:

I am going to stop selling on Ebay.

Thank you! That's less competition for me! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

If all this were about a matter or principle, moral injustice or other unholy melodrama then I wouldn't participate either. The anxiety is bad for the blood pressure any way.

But to me it's about business, and all those fees, shipping, supplies, taxes etc. are baked into my CUSTOMER'S price. They pay it. And I appreciate the business.

You can vote with your feet but I doubt it's going to be any different anywhere else. They'll have their own forums where people are crying for justice too...

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

Thanks for your infinite wisdom

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

Yes, can I have some cheese with my wine

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

Thats you, I recognize you anywhere

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

I get sick of all the ebay boot lickers responses. My best guess is they are ebay employees given the responsibility to comment on these threads  as sellers. In my opinion there is no justifying the outrageous fees we pay to sell on ebay.  I picture rich shareholders sitting around a big table laughing at all the ingenious ways they have come up with to charge sellers more. Sad really. 

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 29 of 29
latest reply