cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay gives FREE shipping w/o it being offered???

Sold a shirt last night for 7.99 + 5.54 shipping.  Was ready to print a label and seen my "orders awaiting shipping" page had the item at 7.99 TOTAL (not 13.53). Checked PayPal and the amount was also 7.99. What happened to the 5.54 shipping and why wasn't it charged to the buyer? Am I missing something?

orvis1.JPGorvis2.JPGorvis3.JPGorvis4.JPG

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Ebay gives FREE shipping w/o it being offered???

It is just so wonderful how nice it is to shop on ebay!  ebay is sooooooo friendly and helpful!

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 34
latest reply

I know often the app will "show" FS when it's not but I've never seen another like yours where the shipping was just wiped out.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 3 of 34
latest reply

Sold a pair of Abercrombie shorts the day before and everything was fine. Now I have to make that dreaded call to Ebay. This really motivates me to list more. 

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

Well when you call I'd suggest that as THEY gave the buyer free shipping, THEY should pay you for it.
Message 5 of 34
latest reply

I fully intend to. Maybe not the "Ebay" way of doing it, but I'm not shipping until they give me the shipping cost and I visually see it in my account. 

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Just another minor glitch.  No big deal, unless you are the seller who is out $.

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

OK. Just got off the phone with Ebay and it went exactly as I thought. HORRIBLY!!!! I will say that sellers should check and make sure their shipping costs were not eliminated since the rep said there was no glitch last night. I am currently waiting for a call back by 1pm est.  That means I will have to call them back at 1:05pm est. What a disaster. 

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

@Anonymous 

What happened here?

Good night and good luck
Message 9 of 34
latest reply

Sold a shirt and Ebay credited my account 7.99 (cost, but no shipping). Called Ebay to get resolved. Rep tells me I have to send an invoice thru PayPal to the buyer for the shipping cost. I told her I wasn't doing it since this issue isn't on me, it's on Ebay since shipping was clearly listed in the ad. Then she tells me I sent an invoice with no shipping included to the buyer. I told her that when this occurred, I was sleeping. I never sent an invoice. My items are "immediate payment only".  I asked if there was a bug last night and she says no. That only made it worse since there is nothing to blame this on. So after 30 minutes of getting nowhere, she asks if she can call me back. So I am in the same spot I was before I made the call. 

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Good grief that's just ridiculous. The listing's shipping details are plain to see. There was a glitch awhile back on the mobile app that granted free shipping on all orders. You'd have thought that was long since *permanently* fixed.  

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

I've never contacted a blue before. If I message him, does any response go to my Ebay messages or email? I actually have another issue that nobody has been able to resolve for 2 months. 

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

We will see if more posts start popping up
I saw this one just a few minutes ago.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/eBay-not-collecting-shipping-charges-for-no-apparent-...

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

@retreadthread wrote:

OK. Just got off the phone with Ebay and it went exactly as I thought. HORRIBLY!!!! I will say that sellers should check and make sure their shipping costs were not eliminated since the rep said there was no glitch last night. I am currently waiting for a call back by 1pm est.  That means I will have to call them back at 1:05pm est. What a disaster. 

It may be that that rep is not aware of a glitch~possibly there has to be multiple reports of such for it to be considered as valid, and there have not yet been?  Just a thought.

@labs118 's post seems to bear this out~as another thread has been found.

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

So basically what the rep said was the invoice that was sent after purchase (by ebay) didn't include shipping but somehow that's "not a glitch" and the seller's "fault"?

Message 15 of 34
latest reply