cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay execs prosecuted for harrassment???

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/may/12/ebay-executive-guilty-boston-couple-harassment

As a top- rated seller whose account ebay has restricted due to a spike in sales... this DISGUSTS me!!! We work our butts off as sellers to make a buck and ebay sire loves taking almost 24% after it's all said an done. I had over 5000 listings that I paid employees to list along with 7000 per month in overhead because I run a business that is strictly Ebay centered. 5 days ago ebay decided they would showe how they treat their clients, the very reason they exist, their bread and butter which is why they make money in the first place. ITS BECAUSE OF THE SELLERS PROVIDING MERCHANDISE. NO SELLERS=NO BUYERS=NO EBAY. I have been punished for having a spike in sales so I've had to provide them with my entire life's history, identity and receipts. I have made 20 phone calls as I'm bleeding money losing thousands of dollars in sales while they "review" the evidence they asked 

Me to provide and what I found is that the supervisors and managers NEVER call you back even after you are lied to by countless reps stating they will call you back in 24-48 hours. Are they too cowards to speak to their sellers? So far I've done about 150k in sales this year and I had about 300k in inventory listed in ebay they have recently removed while "verifying my identity" and on too of that another 500k in my warehouse that has t even been listed yet. Why in the heck would anyone want to do business on this platform if they can destroy your business even as a top rated seller at any given instance without explanation, without the dozens of first line clueless ebay reps being able to explain what's going on and and the same time never allowed or willing to transfer you to the next tier of customer support who does have the answers. They are withholding $6000 from me from good sales, I have lost another 2000-3000 in weekend sales. Everything I've been told by countless reps so far has proven to be lies and then I find out the UPPER LEVEL EXECUTIVES BEHAVE IN THIS MANNER??? WELL THIS EXPLAINS ALOT!!!!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Ebay execs prosecuted for harrassment???

This is the last bit of drawn-out lawyering in something that happened years ago. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

It still doesn't change what ebay is doing to me and thousands of other sellers. Even if it's a drawn out lawsuit the fact that it happened is disgusting!!!

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Yes, but it doesn't have any connection to sales here - it was six goons who decided to act on Wenig's egotistical annoyance at the Steiners because they don't pull punches.  They were arrested and prosecuted and Wenig got the boot decided to spend more time with family (of course he knew about it, whatever he says).  This happened about ? three years ago? 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

If your situation is similar to some others that have come here to post about suspensions, and eBay is asking for legitimate receipts. You had a lot of new items sell - ones that indicate that you are running a business. With that business, you should have receipts to show the chain of custody.  I eBay is compelled to do their due diligence to ensure that the sellers aren’t offering up stolen goods.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@memorabletreasures 

< I've had to provide them with my entire life's history, identity and receipts >    

I think eBay is rigorous because they have to take precautions so they'll have the right answers if the US DOJ investigates them for abetting the sale of stolen property.  

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

This has two threads going now with the same/similar post but the other one minus the scandal.

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I have provided them with all that days ago. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Do you keep receipts from 10-20 years ago? What about when your mother dies and leaves you with a house full? Yes as a business I save receipts when I buy truckloads but not everything on ebay has a receipt attached when someone acquires property. Sometimes I buy auctioned off storage units full of the unknown none of which has an itemized receipt for all the contents.. garage sales?? 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I already requested one to be deleted about the execs that's why there are 2 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@memorabletreasures wrote:

I already requested one to be deleted about the execs that's why there are 2 

That's fine - I just wanted to put an alert so you don't get assistance scattered between two threads.

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

The eBay execs were arrested and charged in June of 2020 (two years ago). As of May of 2022 (two months ago), the cases against all who were charged have been completed. The article posted is from May of 2022 (two months ago).

It was a horrific set of events. Sorry if you're just now hearing about it.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply