cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay counts monthly fees for cancelled or not received payments

Hello i have problem i totally sold for 60,5 usd but 1 of the order was hacked account and second was cancelled (total 35 usd not received from 60,5). On invoice from ebay I see that they were counting fee of 9,5% from my total sales of 60,5 usd (but only half of orders were correct and i received money for them as i stated above). So I have to pay fee 5,75 usd. I understand that this is not much but it can be problem when i continue selling and sell items for 1000 usd then they will send me invoice for 95 usd and maybe half of the orders will be canceled. What can i do against this? I marked payments as not received and cancelled orders before the invoice was sent to me but still they were counting as I sold for 60,5 usd. I red that I can contact buyer so he confirm order cancelation from his side. But this can be often problem as they do not know how to do it and do not want to spend time with that. Can i do something before i pay this fee? Thanks

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You can get a credit for the final value fee. Here is the Help page about what to do if a buyer doesn't pay:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thanks but the link you gave me describes buyer when he does not pay. If i have buyer whose account was hacked and order was cancelled by ebay i do not have option Report an unpaid item or send invoice. Same goes when buyer orders and pay for item and then write me to cancel his order. So i choose cancel order, refund and mark order as payment not received. Again i can not report unpaid item. What can i do in these 2 cases? Ty

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I may be reading you wrong.......but if you cancel due to a customer request.....or an address problem,, the fvf should be almost immediately refunded.  If YOU do a seller cancellation for out of stock, it will not be refunded.  (and you will get a sanction on your account). 

The hacked account.......I don't know how that is handled, I assume you never got the money.  May need to call/contact ebay on that one. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hm thats weid i did cancel due to customer in form and still it counts. Weird

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I'm still in shock that Ebay takes 10% of your shipping charges toward seller fees.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@dolldesigns4u wrote:

I'm still in shock that Ebay takes 10% of your shipping charges toward seller fees.

You're still in shock since 2008?

@dolldesigns4u wrote:

If you can't handle that a venue that gives you exposure to millions of potential buyers worldwide takes a 10% commission on the sale, then you have no business selling here.

For years, I helped out at a convention auction that charged 15% and $1 per lot and didn't let you set a minimum opening bid. The number of buyers they reached could be counted by the occupancy limit of the room in which it took place. eBay basically killed it off.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

9,5% from total sales i mean does everyone here have the same fees?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply