cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay cancels some of my auctions and tells me that I need to modify these listings

I've been selling on Ebay for 23 years and I've  paid Ebay thousands of dollars to do this. I really think I know more about what I sell than one of the technical experts. I even pay for an Ebay store. I've decided to relist this canceled auction item

with ETSY and see if it sells there.  I really don't understand Ebay doing this. The more I list the more money they make. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Ebay cancels some of my auctions and tells me that I need to modify these listings

I really don't understand Ebay doing this.

@mpcac 

Could it be that you were required to update REQUIRED ITEM SPECFICS....you know those annoying thing you have to check off in order to list at all now?   Are the cancelling AUCTIONS or your fixed price listings? 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Ebay cancels some of my auctions and tells me that I need to modify these listings

Yes, I know those annoying things and this may be the case..... They have some questions that have nothing to do with what I'm selling... I sell vintage pens and they want me to tell them what color of ink is in the pen.... what they don't realize is this is up to the owner of the pen... not me.  It takes a lot of time to do multiple listings and I have many loyal customers. I don't need the head ache of trying to answer the additional questions that have really no relevance to the items description. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

They have some questions that have nothing to do with what I'm selling... I sell vintage pens and they want me to tell them what color of ink is in the pen....

@mpcac 

You are only forced to update the specifics to those that are REQUIRED.   The rest you can leave blank.  Yes, we know how stupid many of them are.  Just ignore those.  Case in point a seller "freaking out" over having to put how many "fan blades" were included in her antique oil/kerosene  lamp when NONE was not an option.....LOL.  Or the ones selling used shoes that did not have "batman" insignias. 

I think the trend will be  eventually NOT to have a search by title and description, and only rely on item specifics.  Thus the redundancy of, for example, book title, pattern name etc.  being required.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I've been selling on Ebay for 23 years and I've  paid Ebay thousands of dollars to do this. I really think I know more about what I sell than one of the technical experts. I even pay for an Ebay store. I've decided to relist this canceled auction item with [yuck] and see if it sells there.  I really don't understand Ebay doing this. The more I list the more money they make. 

Why don't you just do what eBay asks and get over it.  Moreover, it is a machine, not a "tech expert" that you are arguing with.  No sentient tech expert did anything, a machine did it.  In the end if you do, you'll say "oh, I have more money in my bank account than I thought"?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes, I understand that it's machine not Ebay's tech... but some tech did design this...I'm not going to give up on Ebay yet, but if I can explore other options that work as well with less hassle, I will certainly welcome this. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I agree with shado, it would take less time to comply with the ''required'' spec's than it would to list on Etsy and as you say you have loyal buyers here who know you, don't give up that client base too quickly as it is something sellers aspire to build.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 7
latest reply