cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay blocked a buyer after transaction completed

Here's the problem, I sold an ornament to a ebay shopper. The shopper paid, and I mailed the ornament.  I then received a message from ebay, telling me the buyer is not registered with ebay, therefore they cancelled the transaction.  I have already mailed it! I can go to my post office tomorrow, which is the day I have all my grandkids!  I really really don't want to do this.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Ebay blocked a buyer after transaction completed

You might be able to open a package intercept case online:

https://www.usps.com/manage/package-intercept.htm

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Your package has already left your post office. Try the package intercept online form if the item is worth the investment of another $15.  Otherwise, enjoy your grandchildren.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

When they cancelled the transaction, did they also refund the buyer? Did they take the money for the transaction out of your account?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I've had a few of these in the past and like others who have received the same your best option is to do nothing.

The worst that can happen is a PayPal claim that you can easily win.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I also had the same thing happen.  Buyer purchased my ornaments items and I shipped it.  About 10 days afterwards eBay notifies me that the buyer was no longer registered and states that I don't need to ship.  However the package had already been delivered.  I still had the money so I ignored it.  If you have the money there's no reason to recall the package.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I just had same thing happen, never before in  20+years.  I don't see money removed, but with eBay who knows.  To file and interecept package costs $17.  So now I'm out $17 + shipping  + item if they don't intercept in time (tomorrow).  So tired of this.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

it's called Seller Protection eBay is always been good to us about scenarios like this it's happened many times. if You Printed a Label and have proof it was mailed eBay Will stand behind the Seller. You should have nothing to worry about. Go enjoy your weekend with the Grandkids 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply