cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay always Favor's the Buyer 99% of the time!

EBAY is the biggest pile of **bleep**, they always favor the buyer, even when furnish them with all the proff that they need to see that the buyer is completely wrong and a lier. They still give the buyer all the time in the world to return an item, and issue a refund. THERE IS NO SELLER PROTECTION AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!  JOIN ME IN DROPPING EBAY LIKE A BAD HABBIT!...  WITHOUT SELLERS THERE IS NO EBAY, SO ALL SELLERS SHUTDOWN NOW AND JOIN ME IN FIGHTING THE DISRIMINATION!!!

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Ebay always Favor's the Buyer 99% of the time!

@lorddopple

No disrespect but you make seller #23,603 who's made this same statement .. "WITHOUT SELLERS THERE IS NO EBAY, SO ALL SELLERS SHUTDOWN NOW AND JOIN ME IN FIGHTING THE DISRIMINATION!!!"

It might be a nice thought but it's not a reality. OTH that doesn't mean eBay can't be hurt. Your word of mouth to 1 other non-eBay member along with the other 23,602 members who feel or felt the same way about doing the same thing, comes to almost 50K now that won't come to eBay any more. Each one of them convinces 2 others to ride along on the same train and that increases exponentially to a total of 150K ... so on, so on and so on.

Good luck!!

The longer I'm on eBay, the more convinced I am that idiocy in the world is growing at an alarming rate. No where is it more visible than the view from eBay itself.
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

@lorddopple wrote:

. They still give the buyer all the time in the world to return an item, and issue a refund.

No they don't.

They have five days to get the item in the mailstream. If they don't, call and get the case closed in your favor. You don't have to wait forever.

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

OP, you are a newer seller selling high dollar items in a high scam category.  Scammers target sellers like you.

And they targret newer sellers because the newbies rarely know how to deal with a dispute, are stubborn about their return/refund policy ( on ebay, no returnss does not mean no refunds) and don't know the proper ebay policies you should use to protect yourself.

Newbies make mistakes and that is why scammers target them.  Scammers know that ebay will favor them...unless the seller does this and that.  If you had come here at th start of the problem, the odds are good that we could have talked you through it without lost of money or item to you.

And while I still sell on ebay, I moved the money making genre off ebay, ebay gets my leftovers and my nonvaluable items because I wouldn't risk anything worth over $50 here now, and I know how to protect myself.

(*Bleep*)
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

@lorddopple wrote:

EBAY is the biggest pile of **bleep**, they always favor the buyer, even when furnish them with all the proff that they need to see that the buyer is completely wrong and a lier. They still give the buyer all the time in the world to return an item, and issue a refund. THERE IS NO SELLER PROTECTION AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!  JOIN ME IN DROPPING EBAY LIKE A BAD HABBIT!...  WITHOUT SELLERS THERE IS NO EBAY, SO ALL SELLERS SHUTDOWN NOW AND JOIN ME IN FIGHTING THE DISRIMINATION!!!

There's a new Hobbit movie coming out:?  Are you saying the acting isn't very good?  The Hobbit was one of my favorite books growing up.

On a serious note... YES, eBay policies lean towards the buyer and sellers generally come out on the short end of the stick.  NO, I have not intentions of boycotting eBay.  I just build enough profit into each item so that when I come across a bad actor, I don't lose money.

Now boycotting companies that are sponsoring and standing behind those athletes that vandalized that bathroom in Rio and then lied and said they got robbed.... them I will boycot.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

I have a buyer that had not paid in almost a week on a high value item.  

The thing is, he is also a seller with hundreds of items listed and a feedback of over 11,000, the last one says "quick pay".

I've sent invoices (2) and a message in case he had not received my invoices.  NADA.

He has a bunch of NEGS, mostly for slow shipping.

So, what is he?  A bad seller or a bad buyer?

I hope I don't have to file a dispute on this.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Smart move !!  eBay has cemented the reputation of being a scammers paradise.

If we ever try to sell on eBay again, would not sell anything here which we paid more than $ 3 to obtain !

Over the years, we were fortunate to sell quite a few items in the range of $25 to $900 which we had actually been paid to haul away, doing "trash-outs" of estates and forclosure properties for realtors & mortgage companies...

lots of very strange & pristine antique oddities...

they are going well elsewhere for us now, without the huge anxiety load which eBay has put onto Sellers.

For my Artisan jewelry; am selling well in a couple of regional galleries, boutiques, & we've opened an Etsy shop, and this week just learned about Amazon's new Handmade section.

I would never ever again even consider putting my Sterling, Gold-filled, or Fine Silver Jewelry on eBay !!

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@etvideo1ataol wrote:

So, what is he?  A bad seller or a bad buyer?

My guess would be both

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

If you know your product,  properly describe it, have good pictures, pack well and get tracking, you eliminate 99.9% of your problems OP. Everyone gets a squirrel every now and then, there is nothing you can do to avoid it but you can mitigate the damage. Ask for pictures, demand they open cases...if someone is trying to scam you they absolutely do not want that. Plus if you resolve the issue on an open case, the seller will be unable to leave negative feedback. Ebay tracks returns and reports.  If a buyer racks up enough they get cut off from the MBG.  

All the rest is CYA like vetting bidders and offers through toolhaus. Keep your buyer talking if you have a problem so hopefully they will hang themselves if given enough rope...like admiting they broke the item, didn't look at the pictures or description or threatening you with negative feedback.

Know the rules, know what support you will receive and use it to your advantage.

Always use CS Reps from the USA, don't ever talk to one overseas, EVER.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Buyers put up all the money and deserve good

service and respect.  I believe ebay is fair and

reasonable.  

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

They actually have 10 days to return the item to you, and can come in at the last minute and put it in the and sill be fine as long as it shows it is shipped... That is the ebay BS that I am talking about. Ebay needs better policies in place with time limitations to protect the Seller and buyer. EBay does not do **bleep** with the evidence that is provided to them.
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Ebay is not "favoring the buyer". When two people have different opinions all Ebay can do is try to undo the transaction. So the seller gets their item back and the buyer gets their money back. How the heck are they supposed to know who is telling the truth?

If the buyer got to keep both the money AND the item, that would be "favoring the buyer".

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

So the seller gets their item back and the buyer gets their money back. How the heck are they supposed to know who is telling the truth?

Part of the problem is the seller pays to get "something" back. It need not be the same item they sent. A buyer can send back a rubber band instead of a gold bracelet and get a refund, and keep the prize. 

Until ebay can  tell who is telling the truth, they should not be making these decisions and controling the funds in your PayPal account. 

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

I understand some sellers get other stuff back, however that is a pretty small percentage of sales.

I think Ebay should kick off anyone with a history of this behavior.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

So the seller gets their item back and the buyer gets their money back. How the heck are they supposed to know who is telling the truth?

Part of the problem is the seller pays to get "something" back. It need not be the same item they sent. A buyer can send back a rubber band instead of a gold bracelet and get a refund, and keep the prize. 

Until ebay can  tell who is telling the truth, they should not be making these decisions and controling the funds in your PayPal account. 

This is why every seller should be reporting scammy buyers EVERY.SINGLE.TIME they get one. 

Instead of sellers rolling over and refunding and then mentally kicking themselves as refunding complaints is the cost of doing business, they should report the buyer for their abuse and fight their scams.  Then ebay would have a file of abusive buyers and when a seller with a decent selling record calls a CS and complains about the buyer - the CS can see, through the reports, evidence that the buyer is a scambag or an honorable one.

if there are enough calls and complaints then a red flag can be put on the account and something can eventually be done about scammers.

ebay will never know if the buyer is a scammer if no one does the actual work of complaining about them.

(*Bleep*)
Message 15 of 20
latest reply