cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Trolls

Recently had my first negtive feedback in 5 years. Buyer sent vulgar messages. In last month buyer has left 5 negative feedbacks for other buyers and 5 good feedback. Buyer sends vulgar messages. Shipped on time and item not even late yet. Reported to Ebay and this buyer has already been flagged for previous conduct on Ebay. Sad that there are trolls on ebay that take pleasure in hurting good buyers. I suggest buyers report and call about any negative feedback that is obvious abuse of feedback system. Also, call report buyers that send abusive messages. Thanks and Happy Holidays to all! 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Ebay Trolls

@dhbookds wrote: 
Also correct that a calendar does not qualify for media mail...........

Yes, I realized after posting my answer above that I don't think calendars qualify, and spent the past few minutes in a so-far-unsuccessful attempt to find that quick-reference chart that the USPS put out a few years ago that outlines which items qualify for Media Mail and which do not (along with pointers to the relevant DMM paragraphs).

I thought I had it bookmarked, but evidently I don't. If anyone else can please post the link, that would be helpful.

All that aside, the seller did accurately list the Shipping method to be used. The buyer's borderline-incoherent Neg wouldn't discourage me from buying.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

not the quick chart, but a link to the  DMM

https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/273.htm#ep1062323

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

@dhbookds wrote: 
Also correct that a calendar does not qualify for media mail...........

Yes, I realized after posting my answer above that I don't think calendars qualify, and spent the past few minutes in a so-far-unsuccessful attempt to find that quick-reference chart that the USPS put out a few years ago that outlines which items qualify for Media Mail and which do not (along with pointers to the relevant DMM paragraphs).

I thought I had it bookmarked, but evidently I don't. If anyone else can please post the link, that would be helpful.

All that aside, the seller did accurately list the Shipping method to be used. The buyer's borderline-incoherent Neg wouldn't discourage me from buying.

Here you go. I have it bookmarked for quick reference. I think the only thing that doesn't show in this chart is Video Games which probably got added after this chart. I wish USPS would update the chart to reflect those games.

https://liteblue.usps.gov/news/link/2013/04apr/Media-Mail-Guidelines.htm

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

@readabouthorses wrote: 
Here you go. I have it bookmarked for quick reference. I think the only thing that doesn't show in this chart is Video Games which probably got added after this chart. I wish USPS would update the chart to reflect those games. https://liteblue.usps.gov/news/link/2013/04apr/Media-Mail-Guidelines.htm

Great; thanks. We can see there that the answer to calendars as Media Mail (under the "OTHER MISC" section lower down on the page) is a big, fat No, per DMM 173.4.1.a. I see that the DMM paragraph they refer to (here) doesn't actually mention calendars at all, but that "No" in the link pointing to it is clear enough all by itself.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Thanks -yes leading to other listing could create confusion. 

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Can it be removed due to the fact that it's gibberish? It doesn't make sense.
Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Yes had it removed. Sorry for late reply. 🙂
Message 22 of 23
latest reply

I find it hard to believe that there are people who spend their free time and money trolling sellers. the dog ate my homework 

You'd be surprised to learn of their numbers . There are people out there who are angry and  very unhappy  with their lives . So much so that it's morphed into sort of a mental illness . It's no stretch of the imagination to suspect   that some of these folks will use any opportunity  [ even as an e bay buyer ]  to get back at society . Tulips 

Message 23 of 23
latest reply