cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Suspended my account for seemingly NO REASON!

Hi, I was just wondering if this is normal. I sold a $5000+ dollar camera on ebay a couple days ago, shipped it yesterday and today my account was suspended just before payout! I have sold a couple of $2000+ items before and they just held the funds for 30 days. I could still sell other items without issue.  

Had anyone had this happen before? Should I be concerned  and reroute my camera back to me?

PLMK

Thanks,

JM

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

was your account suspended, or just being reviewed (again)

some selling patterns trigger an "audit" or more scrutiny

Message 2 of 50
latest reply

I woud not re route anything

ebay is interested in tracked shipping showing delivery

perhaps they just put the money on hold

in any case there is not much you can really do at this point except to hope for good deliveries

if your account s really suspended then maybe they will let you know why

good luck

@sctra_9109 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 50
latest reply

You are selling high risk items. Not just high risk of getting scammed, but high risk of stolen property. It's a risk for eBay to allow you to keep selling expensive items.  This may not be a permanent suspension, but you should stop selling items with such a high price tag. You have to build sales slowly over time. Anytime you sell a high dollar amount in a short period of time, you raise flags and risk suspension. 

Message 4 of 50
latest reply

You relisted this camera because you said of a bad buyer.   Could this have triggered your suspension and hold on funds?

Message 5 of 50
latest reply

funny how u cant sell anything good on ebay. I always sell them of amazon because they dont always think ur a thief lol

Message 6 of 50
latest reply

Thanks for your message. 

Unfortunately it was a full on suspension requesting tracking numbers for every item I've sold! I always use ebay's integrated shipping service so they should have access to tracking numbers at the press of a button right? 

I am really concerned that my funds will be held indefinitely.  If that's the case I shipped several items yesterday and have to get the shipments canceled as soon as possible.

What do you think my best course of action should be.

Message 7 of 50
latest reply

Go to MY EBAY and look for any message(s) from Ebay.  There is always a reason why an account is suspended or the funds put on hold.

Message 8 of 50
latest reply

Maybe, The previous listing was canceled for non payment so it shouldnt have been an issue. Maybe the ebay algorithm was flagged by this???

Message 9 of 50
latest reply

@sctra_9109 

You are somewhat of a new seller selling very high dollar expensive items in multiples.  Your selling history does pretty much reveal why you've been suspended.  If you can provide receipts for all those items, Ebay may lift the suspension.  However, given what you have sold it seems unlikely.  Ebay has their eyes wide with questionable items, mostly electronics merchandise being sold on ebay.  Especially in areas where ports and train robberies have been occurring.  Any slight sign of this type of activity will call any sellers account into question.

Hopefully you'll get the help you need and be back in business soon.

Good luck. 

Message 10 of 50
latest reply

@animesalesandmore wrote:

funny how u cant sell anything good on ebay. I always sell them of amazon because they dont always think ur a thief lol

Not correct. Amazon at any time can demand invoices. If you can't show suitable invoices, you get permanently suspended. Plenty of sellers have lost accounts on the Amazon. Amazon has much more stiff rules then eBay does. 

Neither platform accepts register receipts as proof. A register receipt does not prove chain of custody. 

Plenty of people on eBay sell "good" items. And some of the time they get scammed out of them too. That doesn't happen much on Amazon anymore. Amazon has taken steps to reduce theft. eBay has not. 

Message 11 of 50
latest reply

I would not "reroute" or stop any filled orders.....that is probably the worst thing you can do..

you will eventually get your funds.....

Just comply with the tracking request, even though you used their label system...like i said

a 'pattern' probably triggered an automated response

Message 12 of 50
latest reply

Yes, most of my items are from local electronic repair shops. I dabble in repairs myself. So selling electronics is my niche. Just so happens they are expensive.  Your absolutely right about the scammers. I just sold a laptop last week and then got a msg from ebay stating the account was stolen. Maybe this set off a red flag? I did have the package rerouted at my expense after talking to a ebay rep. Thank you for your suggestions.

JM

Message 13 of 50
latest reply

Yes!  I got a message stating that they are concerned about my shipments and are requesting tracking info for all my sales!.  I ship all my packages within 24hrs if possible using ebays own shipping portal. So they should have access to the tracking info right? 

Thank you for your assistance.

Message 14 of 50
latest reply

Okay, I think I'll follow your advise Monica. Searching reddit I kept seeing these horror stories about sellers having their accounts suspended and never getting paid for their sales. 

Thanks again,

JM

Message 15 of 50
latest reply