cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Shipping Supplies Shorted My Shipping Boxes Order

This is a new one for me. Thru Ebay shipping supplies, I used my quarterly $50.00 code. Ordered two cases of 4x4x4 boxes, 25 per box. And a dozen rolls of tape. Big box shows up with one case of 25 4x4x4 boxes with the dozen rolls of tape. Shorted me a case of 25 boxes. This was one order with one tracking number which now shows all supplies in that one order as delivered. Sent Ebay shipping supplies a message with pictures of the opened shipping box. Wondering if they will answer my message. And will they correct their mistake. Not a really big deal as that second box is only about $17 more. Has this happened to anyone else? 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

I had a problem once and they handled it quickly. 

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Same here.

I ordered 100, only received 75, they quickly sent me another 25.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Sounds like you need to open a return for Missing parts and pieces. 

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I had an order that was missing bubble mailers. I sent them a message and they took care of the issue quickly. I hope that you have the same experience with your missing boxes.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Doing a return would mean I need to reorder the supplies. They were paid for with my quarterly $50 code that has now been used.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@retromxparts wrote:

This is a new one for me. Thru Ebay shipping supplies, I used my quarterly $50.00 code. Ordered two cases of 4x4x4 boxes, 25 per box. And a dozen rolls of tape. Big box shows up with one case of 25 4x4x4 boxes with the dozen rolls of tape. Shorted me a case of 25 boxes. This was one order with one tracking number which now shows all supplies in that one order as delivered. Sent Ebay shipping supplies a message with pictures of the opened shipping box. Wondering if they will answer my message. And will they correct their mistake. Not a really big deal as that second box is only about $17 more. Has this happened to anyone else? 

If this happened to one of YOUR customers, what would you want them to do?

I'd guess that it would be to contact you to let you know, then you would hope that they gave you a bit of time to reply.

When did you inform the Shipping Supplies seller of the shortage?

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

They once forgot to send my order altogether and quickly made amends.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I asked three questions. Your reply is not related to what I asked. Did you read my post, or just copy & paste it? This is why so many sellers have posting ID's. 

Wondering if they will answer my message. 

And will they correct their mistake. 

Has this happened to anyone else?

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I would create an INAD case, that should get you the missing boxes. 

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

It has been my experience with them that they have excellent customer service.  And they listen to their customers.  I've always been very pleased any time I've had to contact them.  I hope your experience will be the same.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

Sounds like you need to open a return for Missing parts and pieces. 

It really isn't necessary to do that.  IMHO you should always reach out to your seller first and see what they would like to do.  This is a responsive seller, so the OP is likely to be just fine.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@mementomoria wrote:

I would create an INAD case, that should get you the missing boxes. 

It isn't necessary with this seller.  All you need to do is communicate with them.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

All I did was email them my order of boxes had never shipped and they sent it out that day or the next.  Communication with the seller should be the first avenue for any issue.   EBay should require a cursory email to the seller before they are allowed to stick their beak in.   They make it seem that opening a 'case or request' is the only way to settle a problem.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@toysaver wrote:

All I did was email them my order of boxes had never shipped and they sent it out that day or the next.  Communication with the seller should be the first avenue for any issue.   EBay should require a cursory email to the seller before they are allowed to stick their beak in.   They make it seem that opening a 'case or request' is the only way to settle a problem.

The "they" isn't Ebay, it is other sellers make it seem that opening a case is the correct response to the issue.  You can see it on this thread too.  For some reason, many sellers are convinced that the first step is open a case.  IDK why.  I personally promote communication first.  Experience tells me that many times that is all it takes to resolve an issue.

I also don't require buyers that want to return something to open a Request for Return.  I tell them that option is open to them if they want, but we can also just handle it between us.  I encourage them to do whatever is best for them.  More sellers should do this.  It helps their stats and it makes the buyers feel safer on Ebay because they can count on their sellers to help them if a problem arises.

It is a win win.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply