cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Shipping Supplies- Bring Back the Cubes!

I sent the ebay shipping supplies seller a message requesting the return of the 10" and 12" cubes. My last few coupons have been used almost exclusively for cube boxes.

I know there are many sellers who would like to see 6" cubes. Personally, if 14" cubes were available, I'd have a few of those on hand too.

Every ad for these I have ever purchased from had scads of completed sales showing. Low demand my well padded rear! My inkling is that those sizes were expensive to make, expensive to ship... or simply provided a lower profit margin.

I saw some discussion about the discontinuation of the cube boxes in another thread, but was thinking a separate dedicated thread would maybe help lobby ebay to give us our cubes back!

Who do I email and where?

PLEASE BRING BACK THE CUBES! 

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 1 of 172
latest reply
171 REPLIES 171

Re: Ebay Shipping Supplies- Bring Back the Cubes!

@nawlinsron2wrote:
The angst over lack of sizes is understanding, but the post office has free Priority Mail boxes....And, the Flat Rate boxes can be used for straight PM for lower weights by just blacking out the Flat Rate lettering.

Some of the lamented boxes were over 1 cubic foot.  The "dimensional weight" for those boxes when shipped via Priority Mail to Zones 5 - 8 can be extremely high, so sellers  would use the ebay boxes for shipping via Parcel Select. 

No, you can't use the flat-rate boxes at regular rates just by blacking-out the "flat rate" written on the box.  It's a flat rate, not a maximum rate.

Message 166 of 172
latest reply

@nawlinsron2wrote:
The angst over lack of sizes is understanding, but the post office has free Priority Mail boxes.
The size boxes being lamented would point to items over 1 ib, in which case PM is a rational choice anyway if under 5 ibs.
They have a 7x7x7 cube, and a 12x10x5 or 12x12x8 which both can be nested in a pinch to make larger sizes.
And, the Flat Rate boxes can be used for straight PM for lower weights by just blacking out the Flat Rate lettering.

Trust me, I sell a bunch of stuff that can use the larger size box and still come in under a pound.

And the free PM boxes aren't always the correct sizes either even when it is PM shipping.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 167 of 172
latest reply

I have blacked out the lettering many times...they always get there.
Is this a great country, or what?

BTW...I offered ALTERNATIVES, not absolutes.

Message 168 of 172
latest reply

If your packages are caught by the new APV system, they will "get there" but the difference in postage will just be quietly charged to your eBay account.

Message 169 of 172
latest reply

@mallontownwrote:

P.P. says this is how we feel without cubes, is there anyone at ebay who will hear our plea?

P.P. says this is how we feel without cubes.jpg

a little over 3 weeks left before you have to use your coupon and still only 4 choices of boxes

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 170 of 172
latest reply

@fern*woodwrote:

When I first started selling I stopped at a local store and found some great, heavy duty boxes to use.  Great indeed, until I started getting them returned and my mail lady had to explain to me that I couldn't use boxes for liquor without covering up all the writing.  oops

Selling, and especially shipping, has definitly had a learning curve for me.Smiley Embarassed

I did not know that, Fern.  I have received so many purchases in liquor boxes without the writing covered up, I would never have guessed this!

Message 171 of 172
latest reply

And when the Automated Package Verification System catches up to you and ALL those packages are charged back to YOU at the top priority(NOT flat rate charges) but the maximum priority weight charge you would be advised to stop doing that. The post office will also have the ability to reject ALL your mailings using any priority service if they notice an egregious problem with you doing this a lot(has happened, it's rare but has happened).

@nawlinsron2wrote:
I have blacked out the lettering many times...they always get there.
Is this a great country, or what?

BTW...I offered ALTERNATIVES, not absolutes.

Tiptoeing through the tulips can end in stepping on a cow patty 😉
Message 172 of 172
latest reply