cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Sales completely stopped in last 2 months October 2022

Hello, I have been on ebay for 20 years selling off and on. I opened my ebay stores in 2013 and have been having great sales until the last 2 1/2 years. Sales have been declining slowly and steady for the last year and a half. 2021 and 2022 have been horrible nothing but a downward spiral..

I have done updating, relisting, sell similar, new listings, new pics, updated coded listings, added promo, having sales 10%-15% off. new titles Nothing is giving. 

I know my listings are not being found on the search results. I'm pretty much ghosted even though i can see them myself. No page impressions.. Not to mention china sellers are always at the top of the search results because of multiple never ending new accounts from the  same seller and low prices.

This is it I'm calling it quits as the business has dwindled to $100 dollar weeks. 

I sell industrial filtering media so the demand will be there. I keep reading how online shopping  is down all around ebay, posh, mercari etc. This is an ebay issue.  Looks like they are weeding out sellers quickly.

ebay sent me a message to try the new beta marketing campaign $500 off **bleep**! to get listings at the top of search results. 

Anybody having a similar experience, I would like to hear from you. 

Message 1 of 259
latest reply
258 REPLIES 258

Re: Ebay Sales completely stopped in last 2 months October 2022

Same here! Poor sales start from May 2022 and now real dead in Sep/Oct. Very low views and watchers and no sales/no bargain emails/no Asian buyers for the whole year, seems like eBay are switching on and off some account and this is completely ridiculous and horrible!!

Seems not about economy but eBay are doing evil algorithm changes again and again this year…

Message 91 of 259
latest reply

Since Biden destroyed the economy my EBay sales have stopped! Under Trump I could not get enough product. The recession/hyperinflation limits discretionary spending in order to buy groceries, gas and heat their homes. Thanks Joe!

Message 92 of 259
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Posh's thrust with their advertising is that you might make more by reselling your old stuff than just donating it.

Which is a lie, unless you're trying to unload designer stuff. Otherwise Posh's fees eat up any potential profit you might have had, as a couple of my friends unhappily discovered.

Message 93 of 259
latest reply

Oh goodness, I've been telling myself the same thing!  COVID, then the economy I believe.   People just don't have the money for "stuff" right now.  My sells just started to fall off this Summer.  Thank goodness I don't spend a lot on my merch, and there's always one item that sells big and covers my costs.  The rest gets donated to a charity store.   But the time and energy just isn't worth it anymore,  so next year I'm gonna cut my "selling season" in half. Find another hobby. 

Message 94 of 259
latest reply

Sales Completely SUCK here! I wont be buying Any new inventory, running out my current stock and ending my store next year and RETIREMENT looks better than ever.

I was going to do this part time in my Golden years but you can forget that eBay!! YOU BLEW IT!

Message 95 of 259
latest reply

I just wrote about this also. I to sold 15 yrs ago and just last two yrs got back doing it and OH MY LORD how terrible it is. I have invested sooo much time and money not to mention my home in a total uproar where to put anymore. I sell a few things one day and nothing for 3-4 days and it is the holiday time I was pretty busy last year this time. I am starting to think not worth doing anymore. Takes too much time and energy. Thinking of giving it till summer if nothing changes going back into the workforce. selling it all to an auction house. I have a variety of items 3700 and I feel some really nice stuff not too high end. I am totally shocked has bad it is. The economy???? I just feel all these categories & algarthium is at most fault. Plus all these companies flooding the platform from over seas. They need to make Ebay 1 for people like you and me then make a Ebay 2 for all the big companies seperate the platforms. Just my opinion sorry for the rant. But I am with you all the way on this. Good luck.......

Message 96 of 259
latest reply

Ebay should suspend any dividends,  cut salaries and send out coupons to buyers to stimulate sales.  They also need to clean up the amazon dropshippers.  Buyers can't find unique items anymore because of search manipulation and the sheer volume of people lying about where they are or where the items are.  They don't have ANY real connection to the items they are selling.  

Message 97 of 259
latest reply

I just pressed the View Listings next to your name and no items appear ?

Message 98 of 259
latest reply

Sorry to say, you are not alone. 19 years on ebay and time to go.  I live down the street from ebay headquarters and scream at them every time I drive by. PAY TOO MUCH TO PLAY.  Hoping another platform will become what ebay was years ago because I’m finished here.

Message 99 of 259
latest reply

No sales for 5 days at a time. Raising the percentage for promoted listings tells me that their are not enough buyers on the website. eBay is dying!

Message 100 of 259
latest reply

I made a post yesterday to the same effect. No sales on a Saturday? I cut prices to half my store going through the weekend, do promoted listings, etc. I don't know what to think. It's been dawning on me slowly that Ebay is just, you know, over. It's going to be weird to stop thinking like a reseller. 

Message 101 of 259
latest reply

We are all feeling it.  It is due to failing economy!  Last two years have been horrible and if things don't change they will get worse.

Message 102 of 259
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@baantiques wrote:

Sales have come to almost a complete halt.  I'm down over 75% since this same time last month. and over 85% since this same week last year.  Not sure what to do at this point.  Last time this happened was 5 years ago and it took several months to recover, but it did start to recover right away. Over the last week I've tried new listings, updating old listings, getting rid of dead inventory, ending and selling similar, etc.  Nothing has worked so far.  I'm thinking I need to end all my listings and start over from the beginning, one listing at a time - new pictures, new descriptions, the works.  If that doesn't work it's probably time to take my remaining inventory to the dump and get a job.  The prospect of working for someone else again after 6 years is revolting.

This is my current reality; having to look for another job working for someone else because Ebay has turned into a complete lack of income. What started as a side hustle is now costing me money to keep going. That's insanity; hoping for a better outcome when nothing changes and even worse when the situation becomes worse. Come to think of it; is that not what happens in abusive relationships? The other person wants more more more and gives nothing in return yet the one being abused keeps "hoping" things will get better. I think we all know the answer to that question. I feel your pain; you are certainly not alone in the idea of working for another is revolting but hard times calls for drastic measures and the bills don't stop coming in.

Message 103 of 259
latest reply

I cut prices to half my store going through the weekend, do promoted listings, etc. I don't know what to think.

Run auctions.

Message 104 of 259
latest reply

Improve your listings to help your items sell -
what a pathetic joke.

Message 105 of 259
latest reply